Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, my girlfriend and I are starting university this September and so we decided to set up student accounts. I set mine up no problem but when she went to the bank to sort hers it was flagged as having bad credit and sent for appeal.

This alarmed both of us since she's never been in debt or overdrawn or anything like that. We ran a free credit check on noddle and it came up showing there was a defaulted mail order account for £120 starting last October and eventually defaulting in March of this year after 6 months of no payment.

The account is definitely not hers and we have a feeling its her mothers who is really bad with her finances and think she may of used my girlfriends card details.

So our question is, what can we do, if anything?

ReputationRep:
    You can report her mother to the police for credit card fraud. Then it'll be wiped clean.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.