Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, long story short i've just taken a gap year, retaken an exam and secured a place at Peninsula Med school. I did not apply for deferred entry at the time because at the time, I thought one gap year would be enough. However, I've recently received an amazing opportunity to travel the americas and aus in 12 months. As it's the weekend, i'm also unable to get in tough with the peninsula about their policy on deferment to next year.

Has anyone been in this situation before?? taken two gap years?? know peninsula's policy on deferment after results are achieved?? please help!

thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny28)
    Hey, long story short i've just taken a gap year, retaken an exam and secured a place at Peninsula Med school. I did not apply for deferred entry at the time because at the time, I thought one gap year would be enough. However, I've recently received an amazing opportunity to travel the americas and aus in 12 months. As it's the weekend, i'm also unable to get in tough with the peninsula about their policy on deferment to next year.

Has anyone been in this situation before?? taken two gap years?? know peninsula's policy on deferment after results are achieved?? please help!

thank you! x
    Hey, if you not ready than you can as medicine is a 5 year course. However (with my opinion) if I was you a would go for med school (its was my dream job, but unfortunately not something that I can do), so are going to go on placements anyway. You may think that you need another gap year, but you may not. I am deciding to take a gap year and reapply for nursing, but I wish I would be going to study at uni this year instead. What did you do for your first gap year? And you can always travel after med school and once you are qualified. Good luck with whatever you do.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.