The Student Room Group

#Ferguson

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
I'm pretty sure he had arms.

how can you be sure?

What about that other incident where a cop killed an unarmed black man by choking him to death?

As I said there are so many similar incidents where innocent black people are being murdered by white cops and easily getting away with it
Original post by saalih
how can you be sure?

What about that other incident where a cop killed an unarmed black man by choking him to death?

As I said there are so many similar incidents where innocent black people are being murdered by white cops and easily getting away with it

I was joking, you said armless instead of unarmed :tongue:
Reply 42
I was joking, you said armless instead of unarmed :tongue:

oh ok my bad
Reply 43
Original post by saalih
please go through history to see how many times a white cop has murdered a black person and the way he got off so easily to see that there is a problem of racism in the US.

That cop was not doing his job, he murdered an armless guy.

Just because he was unarmed doesn't mean he isn't a threat.

He was attacking the cop. It was kill or be killed.

The cop was fully justified.
Reply 44
Original post by RtGOAT
Just because he was unarmed doesn't mean he isn't a threat.

He was attacking the cop. It was kill or be killed.

The cop was fully justified.

The cop was racist and should be punished
Reply 45
Original post by saalih

Yes I'm sure he was just looking for some black kid to shoot.
Reply 46
Original post by RtGOAT
Yes I'm sure he was just looking for some black kid to shoot.

let us say he was not racist, he still murdered someone, just because he is a cop and has a gun does not mean he can kill anyone and get away with it.
Reply 47
Original post by saalih

Muslims often try to stir up race hate from blacks.
Reply 48
Original post by saalih
please go through history to see how many times a white cop has murdered a black person and the way he got off so easily to see that there is a problem of racism in the US.

That is a very true statement
Reply 49
I'm pretty sure he had arms.

The 'witness' reports that said he was running away and that the cop shot him in the back, while the coroners' reports have shown all the shots were to his front.

Not lies, but the way the media tried to twist the story by the wording they used. They described Michael brown as an unarmed black teen, and made it sound like a murderous policeman brutally murdered a defenceless boy, when it turned out Michael was a 6'4" 292 lbs 18 year old man who had just robbed some poor man's shop and assaulted the owner. 99% of people wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against someone that size, and that makes the officer's version of events more plausible - that he feared for his life when a giant of a man charged at him and supposedly went for his gun.

I don't know if the shooting was completely justified but so far the 'witnesses'' (who in all likelyhood hate the police and knew Michael Brown - one of them was even his accomplice in the robbery) statements don't match the coroners' reports whereas the policeman's version of events does.

Dear lord how ignorant can you be about a subject.

Witness reports never said that the bullet made contact with Mike as he ran, merely that shots were fired. Autopsy showed that there were grazings on his arm, suggesting that he felt a shot and at that point tried to surrender. Subsequently further shots were made, all from a distance meaning that mike was no threat to the officer at the time. Don't put witness reports in inverted commas. All reports supporting browns side have been concordant and support the autopsy report. In addition there were no signs of struggle. Please direct me towards the plethora of reports that support the police's version of events. The only report you'll find is from Josie, a friend of Darren Wilson.

Are you serious? The smear campaign came out in FULL force. Before the robbery footage was even shown there were articles saying that Mike may have been involved in gangs. The robbery footage has been exaggerated to the heavens. He stole 50 bucks worth of merchandise and pushed the store owner out the way. I didn't see no beat down, no kicking. Just simply pushed him and made his way out. Yet I see people calling him a menace to society and deserving of death :facepalm2: However, white mass shooters get called "bright kids who had potential". Hell, the boston bomber got a cover on the rolling stones. If he was your stereotypical arab would that have occurred? And there's the whole orbital blowout incident, which funnily enough turned out to be a massive lie :lol:

It's amazing how some people are able to turn a blind eye towards evidence to support their own version of events. You're willing to invalidate matching witness reports and put all your faith into the biased, unmatched report by the muderer because you personally feel that mike must have been the "big scary black guy?" Jesus.

The fact doesn't change. The police officer shot an unarmed black kid and should receive suitable punishment.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by saalih

That's liable, I hope the cop sees your post and sues you.
Original post by Tai Ga

Witness reports never said that the bullet made contact with Mike as he ran, merely that shots were fired. Autopsy showed that there were grazings on his arm, suggesting that he felt a shot and at that point tried to surrender. Subsequently further shots were made, all from a distance meaning that mike was no threat to the officer at the time. Don't put witness reports in inverted commas. All reports supporting browns side have been concordant and support the autopsy report. In addition there were no signs of struggle. Please direct me towards the plethora of reports that support the police's version of events. The only report you'll find is from Josie, a friend of Darren Wilson.

Are you serious? The smear campaign came out in FULL force. Before the robbery footage was even shown there were articles saying that Mike may have been involved in gangs. The robbery footage has been exaggerated to the heavens. He stole 50 bucks worth of merchandise and pushed the store owner out the way. I didn't see no beat down, no kicking. Just simply pushed him and made his way out. Yet I see people calling him a menace to society and deserving of death :facepalm2: However, white mass shooters get called "bright kids who had potential". Hell, the boston bomber got a cover on the rolling stones. If he was your stereotypical arab would that have occurred? And there's the whole orbital blowout incident, which funnily enough turned out to be a massive lie :lol:

It's amazing how some people are able to turn a blind eye towards evidence to support their own version of events. You're willing to invalidate matching witness reports and put all your faith into the biased, unmatched report by the muderer because you personally feel that mike must have been the "big scary black guy?" Jesus.

The fact doesn't change. The police officer shot an unarmed black kid and should receive suitable punishment.

The fact does not change that you don't know what happened and a police officer in some circumstances is allowed to shoot an unarmed person.
Reply 52
Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen
The fact does not change that you don't know what happened and a police officer in some circumstances is allowed to shoot an unarmed person.

boy did you even read what I wrote? :lolwut:

Strong rebuttal.
Original post by saalih

That may very well be a libellous claim depending on the outcome of the case.
Reply 54
Original post by Tai Ga

Well damn. You better gather him! You saved me a lot of time. I wish I had enough rep for you :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH on describing Mike Brown
18 year old man

The lengths people will go to, to strip young black men of any innocence they have.
Although I'm not understanding TSR's obsession with "innocence". Nobody is innocent, that doesn't excuse a public execution. James Holmes massacred an entire movie theatre, he was armed and he was still taken in ALIVE. There is no excuse, not even his size. UK police officers have no trouble detaining a several large suspects, without the use of lethal force so why are people making excuses for America is beyond me.
Original post by Truths
Elaborate??? O.o

I don't believe in segregating people along racial lines.
Reply 57
Original post by tengentoppa
I don't believe in segregating people along racial lines.

I don't believe in it either. But sadly in America, blacks are still segregated in America by a white supremacist system and always have been :/
Original post by Tai Ga

The irony is strong in this comment. You accuse me of bias and then refer to the officer as a murderer who should be punished. You're not biased at all.

What the hell have school shooters got to do with anything?

Regarding the 'witness' reports and why I put witness in quotes: "Still in his car, the officer grabs Brown by his neck, Johnson said. Brown tries to pull away, but the officer keeps pulling Brown toward him, he said."
Do you think it's plausible that a policeman was able to reach out his car window and grab a 6'4" 300 lb man by the neck and pull him towards him? I've seen pictures of the cop and he doesn't look like The Hulk to me.

Michael’s body jerked as if he were hit,” Mitchell said. Then he turns around and put his hands up, and the officer continued to walk up on him and shoot him, until he goes all the way down to the ground.”

"According to Johnson, Wilson exited the vehicle, after which he fired a second shot, striking Brown in the back."

"Piaget Crenshaw said that, from her vantage point, it appeared that Wilson and Brown were arm wrestling before the former shot Brown from inside his vehicle. Wilson then chased Brown for about 20 feet before shooting him again. Crenshaw stated, "I saw the police chase him ... down the street and shoot him down." She added that when Brown then raised his arms, the officer shot him two more times, killing him. According to earlier reports that appeared on August 10, Crenshaw said she saw Brown attempt to flee with his hands in the air and that he was hit with several shots as he ran."

These were the witness reports the media were all using straight after the shooting, saying that Michael was shot in the back. The coroners' reports show he wasn't.

Also the robbery is relevant to the shooting. It shows what sort of character Michael brown was, and what sort of mindset he would likely have been in, committing a strong-arm robbery and then brazenly walking in the middle of the road afterwards. He probably would've still been high on adrenaline when the shooting occurred. He didn't know that the officer wasn't aware of the robbery he had just committed, and not wanting to go to prison would have given him a reason to try something stupid.

Anyway I don't know what happened. It could've been a murder; it could've been self defence. I find it unlikely that a policeman manhandled a 300 lb man before chasing after him and murdering him in broad daylight though. I don't know why his skin colour is so important to you, if he was white that wouldn't change my views.
Reply 59
The irony is strong in this comment. You accuse me of bias and then refer to the officer as a murderer who should be punished. You're not biased at all.

What the hell have school shooters got to do with anything?

Regarding the 'witness' reports and why I put witness in quotes: "Still in his car, the officer grabs Brown by his neck, Johnson said. Brown tries to pull away, but the officer keeps pulling Brown toward him, he said."
Do you think it's plausible that a policeman was able to reach out his car window and grab a 6'4" 300 lb man by the neck and pull him towards him? I've seen pictures of the cop and he doesn't look like The Hulk to me.

Michael’s body jerked as if he were hit,” Mitchell said. Then he turns around and put his hands up, and the officer continued to walk up on him and shoot him, until he goes all the way down to the ground.”

"According to Johnson, Wilson exited the vehicle, after which he fired a second shot, striking Brown in the back."

"Piaget Crenshaw said that, from her vantage point, it appeared that Wilson and Brown were arm wrestling before the former shot Brown from inside his vehicle. Wilson then chased Brown for about 20 feet before shooting him again. Crenshaw stated, "I saw the police chase him ... down the street and shoot him down." She added that when Brown then raised his arms, the officer shot him two more times, killing him. According to earlier reports that appeared on August 10, Crenshaw said she saw Brown attempt to flee with his hands in the air and that he was hit with several shots as he ran."

These were the witness reports the media were all using straight after the shooting, saying that Michael was shot in the back. The coroners' reports show he wasn't.

Also the robbery is relevant to the shooting. It shows what sort of character Michael brown was, and what sort of mindset he would likely have been in, committing a strong-arm robbery and then brazenly walking in the middle of the road afterwards. He probably would've still been high on adrenaline when the shooting occurred. He didn't know that the officer wasn't aware of the robbery he had just committed, and not wanting to go to prison would have given him a reason to try something stupid.

Anyway I don't know what happened. It could've been a murder; it could've been self defence. I find it unlikely that a policeman manhandled a 300 lb man before chasing after him and murdering him in broad daylight though. I don't know why his skin colour is so important to you, if he was white that wouldn't change my views.

Yes, and your ridiculous post prior to this one was entirely objective wasn't it? dismissing countless witness statements, and believing the cops statement calling it "plausible" despite there being no other witness accounts barring Josie's (who's obviously biased as she wasn't even present at the scene) to support it, on account that mike brown was a big black guy? :curious: right.

Why isn't it plausible? Why are you so eager to believe the cops version of events? Many statements admit that there was some sort of hustle going on at the car. Regardless of what happened the cop suffered no severe injuries as a result of mike (i.e. the orbital blowout which was proven to be a lie).

Firstly, as a witness who obviously doesn't have a close up view of the ordeal, when you see shots fired and a body jerk, you assume they're shot. As I mentioned previously there were graze marks apparent on his body from the gun shots, hence the shots fired did make contact with brown, just didn't penetrate him. At that point he decided to surrender.

Is that the only thing you're able to pick out? :lol: You're using that minor discrepancy (which tbh is a perfectly plausible thing to assume) to discredit all evidence that brown was shot while surrendering? In addition it's not to say that only one witness report states that. The all do, further backing up the fact that a bullet may have grazed mike when the cop fired. Even if brown wasn't shot in the back it doesn't change the fact that MULTIPLE witnesses and the autopsy indicate that he was not up close to the cop when shot (i.e. not a threat) and that he was shot when he had clearly given up.

Skin colour is important because you're clearly ignorant about the racial bias present on American television. Cops were so quick to find whatever fault they could in brown, even before the robbery footage was aired. It's not relevant at all tbh. The cop stopping brown had nothing to do robbery and was only used to have his death appear more justifiable. There was an obvious agenda behind the releasing of tapes and the time at which is was. I needed to correct you on your misinformed view that the media was painting mike as a saint and doing everything in their power to have the cop appear as the bad guy, hence I brought up how racially biased the media is.

LOL you admit you don't know what happened but are quick to believe the cop's version of events? :rolleyes:

When someone shoots an unarmed kid who had surrendered, yes I dub them a murderer.

edit: I'm still waiting on the surplus of witness statements that support the cop and depict him as acting in self-defense. Until you do that, I won't be eating my words.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending