Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alcohol- hangover-like symptoms that last for many days after? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently (in particular the past year or so) whenever I go out and drink anything more than a few pints I'll be fine the next day and then for the next 3-4 days after that I will feel lightheaded, slow, have a kind of spaced-out feeling, have difficulty working things out and concentrating/making conversation with people.

I'm not sure what has caused it- I'm 19 now but can remember being 16 and drinking more than I do now, being very hungover the next day and then being fine for the rest of the week.

Has anyone experienced this or know what it could be? It's gonna really suck if I can't find out what's causing this because I go away to uni in 1 month and would like to be able to drink without being a zombie for 1 week.

ReputationRep:
    you might have swallowed alcohol parasites.

Can't remember the name. my friend had this. had to have his stomach pumped and was on meds for weeks.

ReputationRep:
    please does anyone have any serious ideas as to what this could be? :/ If it makes any difference, I always drink cider when I go out

ReputationRep:
    It might just be the type of hangover you get. I think they tend to get worse with age, when I first started getting drunk I would hardly get hangovers at all, but now I get awful ones that last for about three days. Some people just seem to suffer more than others and you might just have to accept it or drink less. It is weird that you feel fine the day after though...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.