MelissaLeech
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My homework says:

Source from 1998: during the time of the Nazi regime in Germany, millions of people were persecuted, imprisoned, tortured and killed. There were terror police networks everywhere, people informed on their friends and neighbors.it was the time in Germany where we lost our conscience. To have and express a conscience was a death wish. People lived like organisms in nazi Germany, they conformed and obeyed because anything else was deatg. People did what they had to do in order to survive.

Question: use the source to assess the claims that the german people in 1933-1945 had no choice other than to follow the commands of the nazis.

I really need help with this one because I have written about how people who did appose, such as the white rose/cross movement, got killed so the germans had to follow the rulings of the nazis and the rulings of the party. But my friend has wrote about the soldiers having a choice to kill the Jews in the camps, so they did it out of hatred for the jews. Which way should I go?
samba
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MelissaLeech)
My homework says:

Source from 1998: during the time of the Nazi regime in Germany, millions of people were persecuted, imprisoned, tortured and killed. There were terror police networks everywhere, people informed on their friends and neighbors.it was the time in Germany where we lost our conscience. To have and express a conscience was a death wish. People lived like organisms in nazi Germany, they conformed and obeyed because anything else was death. People did what they had to do in order to survive.

Question: use the source to assess the claims that the german people in 1933-1945 had no choice other than to follow the commands of the nazis.

I really need help with this one because I have written about how people who did appose, such as the white rose/cross movement, got killed so the germans had to follow the rulings of the nazis and the rulings of the party. But my friend has wrote about the soldiers having a choice to kill the Jews in the camps, so they did it out of hatred for the jews. Which way should I go?
Baed on 'that' source, there was little to no choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (4)
10%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (15)
37.5%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
20%

Watched Threads