DebkoX
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok, so next Thursday we all pick up our GCSE results (Good luck) and probably enrol within the next week. What happens after? Is it like, two more weeks at home? I'm just wondering what happens next.
jenny07
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
From what I can remember, I think it's enrolment day and the yeah, a couple of weeks of summer left before you start. Some centres have induction days as well for when you start, depending on if you're going to sixth form or college, I think. I can only say for sixth forms because I went to one myself, and before the rest of the school came back in September, we had two days to ourselves to get to know the place and procedures, things like that.

Wish you good luck on your results! My brother is getting his as well next week!
Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depending on the centre, enrollment may be automatic to an extent. For example, at my school if you achieved the relevant GCSE grades you were automatically enrolled to study at the schol sixth form. If you didn't, you were still enrolled but had a letter requiring you to attend a meeting on the first day where the head would explain a plan forward (it usually involves resitting a few things in November).

At a college, much the same happens as the application process rarely starts after results have come back. You will probably receive a letter requiring you to attend an 'orientation day' which is pretty much a guided tour of the college and the day you receive your timetables read for the start of term. Following this day you turn up on the first day and away you go.

Good luck! Even though your entire life is definded by GCSE and A-level results, you can always resit if the worst comes to the worst
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (1)
4.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (4)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (3)
13.64%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (9)
40.91%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (3)
13.64%

Watched Threads