Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    im starting law in September at jordanstown and I was wondering if any of you are since I don't know anyone in my course! Haha

ReputationRep:
    Are you staying in halls?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, no I'm living on the Lisburn road in Belfast and going to travel, you? Are you studying law?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing law!

ReputationRep:
    Awh I'm happy to hear someone else is! Haha have you been sent out any information or work for the course yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope not at all you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got a pack sent out to me a few days ago with information and some work to do in it! Did you get it yet? what do you think of the questions for the case study?

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying law with politics. Living in Belfast and travelling as well!

ReputationRep:
    Awh good! Are you going into first year? did you get some information and cases sent out?

ReputationRep:
    Are you from Belfast or have you moved up there to live? I'm moved I to the Lisburn road so I'm travelling to jordanstown by bus, glad to hear someone else is doing the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laaauren)
    Are you from Belfast or have you moved up there to live? I'm moved I to the Lisburn road so I'm travelling to jordanstown by bus, glad to hear someone else is doing the same!
    I am moving up to Belfast from portadown area and I'll be living near stranmillis road. I'm undecided about getting the bus or driving over! You should get the Ylink card if you intend on getting the bus - saves you 1/3 of the fare I think. I also received the work however I'm yet to attempt the questions haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmuldrew)
    I am moving up to Belfast from portadown area and I'll be living near stranmillis road. I'm undecided about getting the bus or driving over! You should get the Ylink card if you intend on getting the bus - saves you 1/3 of the fare I think. I also received the work however I'm yet to attempt the questions haha
    Thanks that's a good idea I didn't know about that! The bus timetables are pretty hard to understand and I think I have to walk about 20 mins to get it! Haha I've done the questions I didn't find them too bad just surprised we got work out already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laaauren)
    Thanks that's a good idea I didn't know about that! The bus timetables are pretty hard to understand and I think I have to walk about 20 mins to get it! Haha I've done the questions I didn't find them too bad just surprised we got work out already

I would have to walk about that long as well so I intend on saving myself the hassle and just driving. I too was surprised to receive the work haha!

Add me on Facebook if you have it - Lauren Muldrew

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm 2 nd year at jtown. Feel your pain on the question I remember it being so daunting....... But it's really not lol hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Have you got your timetable yet ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmielou87)
    Hey I'm 2 nd year at jtown. Feel your pain on the question I remember it being so daunting....... But it's really not lol hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Have you got your timetable yet ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I haven't got a timetable yet! What was your timetable like in first year - how many hours were you in lectures and seminars?
    Could you possibly pass on a reading list?

ReputationRep:
    I can give you your timetable because it's live on blackboard. You won't get all your details to use blackboard until you start. Will see if I can find your reading list if it is the same as mine I can sell u mi books if you want. Books are very expensive one cost me £86 last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It won't let me send screen shot of timetable. The earliest you start is 10.15 any day and your latest day is 5.15. Consider yourself very lucky we started at 9.15 and finished at 7.15 on mon and tue last year. You will have 3x2 hour lectures (6h per week) and 3X1 hour seminars (3h per week). You will also have a pass class (peer assisted study skills) this is a class ran by 2nd years to aid you in your studies. The type of referencing used is OSCALA (forget everything you know about Harvard reff lol) you are in on mon, tue and thur. Also your reading list is the same as mine, there's only 3 book you really need for this semester they are public law, law in n.i (brice Dickson) and legal skills. They tell you to get the most up to date version but it really doesn't matter the content is the same just diff page numbers. Last year we all used legal skill 11th edu and Gina was using the 14th edu didn't matter I still got a 1st lol
    By the look of your time table you have 2 weeks of induction 1st and then you start classes also they seem to have added a new careers module (we didn't have that) it's only for 1hour weeks 4-12

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmielou87)
    It won't let me send screen shot of timetable. The earliest you start is 10.15 any day and your latest day is 5.15. Consider yourself very lucky we started at 9.15 and finished at 7.15 on mon and tue last year. You will have 3x2 hour lectures (6h per week) and 3X1 hour seminars (3h per week). You will also have a pass class (peer assisted study skills) this is a class ran by 2nd years to aid you in your studies. The type of referencing used is OSCALA (forget everything you know about Harvard reff lol) you are in on mon, tue and thur. Also your reading list is the same as mine, there's only 3 book you really need for this semester they are public law, law in n.i (brice Dickson) and legal skills. They tell you to get the most up to date version but it really doesn't matter the content is the same just diff page numbers. Last year we all used legal skill 11th edu and Gina was using the 14th edu didn't matter I still got a 1st lol
    By the look of your time table you have 2 weeks of induction 1st and then you start classes also they seem to have added a new careers module (we didn't have that) it's only for 1hour weeks 4-12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya!
    would that be the timetable for law with criminology?
    Or is that different?

sounds good if we are off 2 days a week!

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it on b.b but It will b the same it's just when full time have law in context sem and lec you will have criminology 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Books for sale if anyone interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.