Should i resit year 12 after disappointing As results? Help!

Watch this thread
Eledwardo
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I worked for my mocks but not very hard and received average results with a B and C for History(What I want to go on to study) and a D in English and we didnt have any mocks for my business. After my real As's which i really worked hard for and although time was an issue I felt I had done well especially in my Hy2 History with everything timed perfectly, but now with my results the one I had timed perfectly only got me a C and I received an E for my other History exam. How could I have dropped grades when i worked so much harder? Are the mocks just too easy? Anyway after recieving a C for English which isnt what I wanted I am thinking of resitting year 12. Is this the right decision to make? Please help am so confused on what to do :L
TunaTunnel
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eledwardo)
I worked for my mocks but not very hard and received average results with a B and C for History(What I want to go on to study) and a D in English and we didnt have any mocks for my business. After my real As's which i really worked hard for and although time was an issue I felt I had done well especially in my Hy2 History with everything timed perfectly, but now with my results the one I had timed perfectly only got me a C and I received an E for my other History exam. How could I have dropped grades when i worked so much harder? Are the mocks just too easy? Anyway after recieving a C for English which isnt what I wanted I am thinking of resitting year 12. Is this the right decision to make? Please help am so confused on what to do :L
I didnt do well in my AS-levels (way worse than you at least). I resat and things worked out well for me. I wrote about it here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2055250
Eledwardo
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Wow I'm still reading through but is really impressive, thanks and congratulations!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (139)
29.32%
It went fairly well (227)
47.89%
It didn't go too well (69)
14.56%
TERRIBLE! (39)
8.23%

Watched Threads