The Student Room Group

How much work should I do???

I am starting my AS levels next year and I am wondering how much work I should be doing each evening. A lot of my teachers at school told us that for every hour you spend in class, you should do an hour of that subject at home? Is that what I should do? The subjects I am taking are maths, biology, English literature and sociology. How much work a night should I do?
How long is a piece of string?

You should do as much work as you have to in order to achieve the grades you want. For some this will just be the work set, for others much more.
Reply 2
No I wouldn't say that's necessary at the beginning, it depends how much you want to cram into your easter holidays, I did most of my work then
Original post by elliekelly
I am starting my AS levels next year and I am wondering how much work I should be doing each evening. A lot of my teachers at school told us that for every hour you spend in class, you should do an hour of that subject at home? Is that what I should do? The subjects I am taking are maths, biology, English literature and sociology. How much work a night should I do?

start over the summer if possible
To be honest, for my A2s I only started doing extensive amounts of work at Easter and still did pretty well. Just keep on top of assignments, coursework and homework to start.
Reply 5
I'd say, start revising early, probably abot 3 hours a day depending on the amount of work you have. If I have learnt anything last year is to start revising early and that will make your life sooo much easier when it comes to your exams. Good Luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest