The Student Room Group

Help with Student Finance

I applied to get student finance fees for a university I failed to get into. I've been offered a place at a university in London via clearing, which means that I need more funds. I was set to get £3,600 but would I be able to get more since I am going to study in London and living in halls? I am worried that I won't have enough to cover for accommodation.

How much more roughly could I get?
Reply 1
did u have to apply again for student finance?

sorry that I cant answer your question I am in a same situation:tongue:
Original post by johnfeb
I applied to get student finance fees for a university I failed to get into. I've been offered a place at a university in London via clearing, which means that I need more funds. I was set to get £3,600 but would I be able to get more since I am going to study in London and living in halls? I am worried that I won't have enough to cover for accommodation.

How much more roughly could I get?

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator
You need to contact student finance, updating your university information. This will lead to your application being re-assessed and you will be provided with more money for living in London.

I think you can do it online once you've logged in.
Reply 4
Original post by Danu
did u have to apply again for student finance?

sorry that I cant answer your question I am in a same situation:tongue:

No I didn't. I called Student Finance today and they said all I need to do is change universities in my student finance application online. They also mentioned something about sending them a re-application via mail but that's not necessary and some other bits but couldn't remember as they were giving too much info.

I'm going to contact the London uni and Student Finance again on monday as I'm still waiting for them to confirm my place.
Original post by johnfeb
No I didn't. I called Student Finance today and they said all I need to do is change universities in my student finance application online. They also mentioned something about sending them a re-application via mail but that's not necessary and some other bits but couldn't remember as they were giving too much info.

I'm going to contact the London uni and Student Finance again on monday as I'm still waiting for them to confirm my place.

You won't need to contact student finance again, you just need to change the course/uni in the online forms. You can save yourself plenty of time and hassle by just doing it online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending