Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OK so first of all I should probably mention that I’ve never really been clubbing before (so apologies if this all sounds quite stupid) but it’s something I’d definitely like to try at university. My first general question is this: Do you have to buy tickets in advance (online) for fresher’s events at clubs?Can you buy tickets ‘on the door’ or whatever? If so, how does this all work?

I was also wondering whether it’s worthwhile buying a fresher’s pack, especially considering that I probably won’t be going to ALL the events?

I've never been clubbing before, and since I turned 18 in feb (and before then) I've been drunk a few times and even still it wasn't to any extreme.

I'm not worried about drinking/clubbing, because I can handle myself and I like being 'tipsy' because I have loads of fun without having a hangover or whatever the next day

I'll be buying a freshers pass (for Glasgow) because I'd rather know I can go wherever I want, rather than worry that I won't have money for things etc.

most of the events you'll be able to buy at the door

wait until you find out what your flatmates are doing, might decide not to go to the official freshers stuff
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.