Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I reapply with the same AS/A2 grade in the next year if I don't get accepted? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HI, I need help please!
    I got AS result and it's not good. I got BCCD : Math, Further Math, Chemistry and Economics. I intend to drop Further Math which will leave BCD to apply for uni (Economics) and honestly I don't think I have a chance to get accepted in ok uni.
    I plan to retake Econimics and Chemistry at the same time as I prepare for A2. But I want to see the final grade after A2 before I seriously apply.
    My question is,
    1. Can I apply this year with BCD and then reapply next year after retaking (possibly higher grade) and A2 result? Which means apply two times? Can I do that?
    2. Or am I allowed to apply only once which means I can't apply this year and wait until everything is done next year.

Please guide me....

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can apply as many times as you want.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You can apply now in September for 2015 entry. If you choose not to go to university that year you can apply again in September 2015 for 2016 entry (if that makes sense). So you can apply as many times as you want, but can only apply once per UCAS cycle

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!
    I just want to experience the process this year. But if I accept Firm/insurance uni (in case I'm being lucky) this time but don't want to go after A2 result and want to reapply, can I refuse them both and start anew?

Also, I have Economics just 1 mark off C. Is it worth to remark? I know if I intend to apply next year, this remark doesn't mean much as long as I get good grade at A2, but wouldn't BCC give better impression than BCD?

Thanks for your help!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.