The Student Room Group

Michael Brown killing: Who is to blame?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen
You said shot 6 times whilst running away, face it, you have been found to be wrong and are now backtracking, looking for an excuse for your lie.

I've explained my position to you several times, as well as an imprecise comment I made that you keep on quoting. Again, this is how I feel (quoting myself):

"Witness statements suggest that Brown was running away from the officer and that shots were fired, and at some point turned towards him, possibly with hands raised. It was likely at that point that Brown was struck by the officer's fire, but there is no conclusive evidence as of yet indicating what his apparent intentions were -- attested to by his raised hands or some other demonstration of surrender/impassivity -- when he turned around.

In any case, none of us know what exactly happened, but I do deplore the way that Brown's body was treated after the shooting -- being left on the street for four hours -- which, if anything, suggests a gross lack of respect for this young man on behalf of police forces."

You're clearly not interested in understanding anyone's view other than your own, but instead are looking to instigate a fight by being rude and incendiary. As I've said, I'm not interested in an argument.

*Unfollowing thread* :vroam:
Reply 81
Original post by Viceroy
I've explained my position to you several times, as well as an imprecise comment I made that you keep on quoting. Again, this is how I feel (quoting myself):

"Witness statements suggest that Brown was running away from the officer and that shots were fired, and at some point turned towards him, possibly with hands raised. It was likely at that point that Brown was struck by the officer's fire, but there is no conclusive evidence as of yet indicating what his apparent intentions were -- attested to by his raised hands or some other demonstration of surrender/impassivity -- when he turned around.

In any case, none of us know what exactly happened, but I do deplore the way that Brown's body was treated after the shooting -- being left on the street for four hours -- which, if anything, suggests a gross lack of respect for this young man on behalf of police forces."

You're clearly not interested in understanding anyone's view other than your own, but instead are looking to instigate a fight by being rude and incendiary. As I've said, I'm not interested in an argument.

*Unfollowing thread* :vroam:

Don't leave, I appreciate your contributions :frown:
Original post by Truths
Don't leave, I appreciate your contributions :frown:

Thanks, mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending