cheekymonkey2013
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey! I done better than expected in my a levels and therefore now want to go through clearing, however I have not applied on ucas or paid the fee, what is my next step?
ahmad94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did you apply to Uni without UCAS?
Pectorac
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You would have to apply to UCAS, selecting 1 choice (even though they won't look at it because it's past the deadline), with a reference and personal statement. You'd have to pay the fee and you'd automatically get entered into clearing, and be given a clearing number. I say 1 choice because 1 choice costs £11; any more than 1 costs £22, but of course your choices won't look at your application so you don't need to put 5.

Realistically though I'd say the best thing you can do is take a gap year and apply for next year, as 99-100% of the good courses in clearing will have gone by now, and it wouldn't be worth going somewhere just for the sake of going. You should take this year out and get a job, so you can have some money behind you to take to university, and have experience of the working world.
cheekymonkey2013
Rep:
?
I haven't applied to uni at all, as I wasn't expecting to get the grades! However I have the application form for ucas filled out but have not paid the fee etc...
Pectorac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ahmad94)
How did you apply to Uni without UCAS?
They didn't apply to uni at all but want to now.
ahmad94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I presume you have to wait till September/October and go to uni in 2015. As all the uni places are likely to be filled by now.
cheekymonkey2013
Rep:
?
I have a course that I want to go for and it's local and is based in a college rather than a uni, I was just wondering if there was any easy way around it or not!
Pectorac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cheekymonkey2013)
I have a course that I want to go for and it's local and is based in a college rather than a uni, I was just wondering if there was any easy way around it or not!
There's not. It has to be through UCAS, for reasons like student finance need to see a confirmed UCAS choice, the college will want to see a personal statement and reference through UCAS and will not give out an informal offer without UCAS, as for their records all their accepted students need to legally have gone through UCAS, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.52%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
22.62%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed