The Student Room Group

Options

Hi, I've just chosen my a-levels. I chose:
Maths
Further maths
English lit.
History
French

However, I'm a bit worried that it will be too much work to do them all at A2, especially considering I am aiming for As/A*s. If I had to drop one what do you think would be the best one to drop, considering I am aiming to study law at Oxbridge. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by spurs9393
Maths
Further maths
English lit.
History
French

However, I'm a bit worried that it will be too much work to do them all at A2, especially considering I am aiming for As/A*s. If I had to drop one what do you think would be the best one to drop, considering I am aiming to study law at Oxbridge. Thanks

Personally, I think 5 AS Levels is too much for anybody; especially with the scrapping of January exams. If you're intending to study Law, I don't see why Maths is particularly relevant. If your mind is set on studying Maths though, I'd say drop Further Maths because it's harder than normal Maths and so you can spend more time getting higher grades in the others.

Remember that a few high grades is better than a lot of average grades :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Revel
Personally, I think 5 AS Levels is too much for anybody; especially with the scrapping of January exams. If you're intending to study Law, I don't see why Maths is particularly relevant. If your mind is set on studying Maths though, I'd say drop Further Maths because it's harder than normal Maths and so you can spend more time getting higher grades in the others.

Remember that a few high grades is better than a lot of average grades :smile:

Thanks. How hard do you think it would be to study all 5 at A2?
Maths
Further maths
English lit.
History
French

Further Maths. It's not relevant.
Reply 4
Thanks. How hard do you think it would be to study all 5 at A2?

Well I think 5 AS's would be very challenging, let alone 5 A2's. I really would suggest doing only 4 AS and then either take all four into A2 or drop one (probably Maths).

Quick Reply

Latest