Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my results on Thursday and I got AAA but I'm thinking of getting a few remarks. I've secured my uni place but I kinda just want closure on whether I got an A* or not because I really hoping on beating my predicted grades of AAA so that I could take a gap year and reapply for either UCL and Imperial for chemistry (leaning towards chemistry but maybe physics). My current place is for Physics.

I live in London and my current uni place is outside London, I don't have a problem with moving out but I just don't have a good feeling about my university. I've always had my hopes set on UCL/Imperial.

When I worked out my averages, they were really close to 90% so it really bugs me.
    Maths (OCR MEI) A, C3 - 96/100, C4 - 81/100 - I've already put remarks (C4 is priority) in for both as my average 88.5% -
    Chemistry (OCR) A, F324 - 86/90, F325 - 124/150, F326 - 54/60 that is 89% - I've put both F324 (normal) and F325 (priority) in for remarks.

I haven't put physics (AQA PHYSICS A - overall grade A) in for remark yet but I got: PHA4 - 105/120 PHA5D - 98/120 PHA6T - 60/60 that is 87.7%, should I put PHA4 and PHA5D for remarks?

What's the likelihood of these remarks actually being successful? Should I also remark physics?

I'm just so confused Can anybody just calm me down and give me some good advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexiGold)
    I got my results on Thursday and I got AAA but I'm thinking of getting a few remarks. I've secured my uni place but I kinda just want closure on whether I got an A* or not because I really hoping on beating my predicted grades of AAA so that I could take a gap year and reapply for either UCL and Imperial for chemistry (leaning towards chemistry but maybe physics). My current place is for Physics.

I live in London and my current uni place is outside London, I don't have a problem with moving out but I just don't have a good feeling about my university. I've always had my hopes set on UCL/Imperial.

When I worked out my averages, they were really close to 90% so it really bugs me.
    Maths (OCR MEI) A, C3 - 96/100, C4 - 81/100 - I've already put remarks (C4 is priority) in for both as my average 88.5% -
    Chemistry (OCR) A, F324 - 86/90, F325 - 124/150, F326 - 54/60 that is 89% - I've put both F324 (normal) and F325 (priority) in for remarks.

I haven't put physics (AQA PHYSICS A - overall grade A) in for remark yet but I got: PHA4 - 105/120 PHA5D - 98/120 PHA6T - 60/60 that is 87.7%, should I put PHA4 and PHA5D for remarks?

What's the likelihood of these remarks actually being successful? Should I also remark physics?

I'm just so confused Can anybody just calm me down and give me some good advice?
    I'd have a look at your grade boundaries before making any decisions. How far were you into an A? If you just scraped one I really wouldn't risk it. Also remember that in some subjects the Raw Mark-UMS boundaries increase a lot when you're getting high marks. Eg: 40 Raw Marks could = 40 UMS, but 60 Raw Marks could = 80 UMS. If you lose a few marks you could lose a lot of UMS and perhaps fall down to a B overall.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.