Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I've noticed pretty much every university seems to have a wristband available for freshers week but there's really not much information on them! Are they worth getting? I've also noticed there seems to be more than one type available for different events. I'm a bit worried if I do get one, nobody I meet will be going to these events and it will have been a waste of money anyone else bought them this year or in previous years and have any advice?!

ReputationRep:
    Similar topic here with some info :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2796233

ReputationRep:
    Waste of money. You can just pay on the door, you might be paying for nights that you dont even go out or that you dont go to a certain club. Paying on the night is what im doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgia22)
    Hey everyone!
    I've noticed pretty much every university seems to have a wristband available for freshers week but there's really not much information on them! Are they worth getting? I've also noticed there seems to be more than one type available for different events. I'm a bit worried if I do get one, nobody I meet will be going to these events and it will have been a waste of money anyone else bought them this year or in previous years and have any advice?!
    When you get there your flat mates will want to go to different places so why pre-buy an entry to club your friends may or may not want to go to. Wait till you are their and decide as a group it will be only £5 or less entry. And do you really plan to go out every single night of the week...I don't and your an idiot if you do. just stick to one or two big nights out a week and just stay in a play games with your flat mates other times.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.