ReputationRep:
    Wondering how I'd stand for a degree in Law from the following Unis:
    UCL
    LSE
    OXFORD
    DURHAM
    LEEDS

GCSES= 5A*, 6A
    (A*s being in Maths, English lang, Chemsitry, History and Geography).

AS = ABBB (A in Maths, Bs in Economics, Geography and Physics).
    Note: Was shocked about Bs in Geo and Eco (which was 2 UMS below A due to one poor paper)! I'm having all Geo and 1 Eco exam remarked.

I also got a B at general studies and will probably get either A/A* at EPQ.

Do I have a chance? - Will be able to get predicted A*AA at least

Thanks in Advance!

ReputationRep:
    Very risky in all honesty. I think you will struggle to even get an interview at Oxford and think you would definitely get rejected by LSE. I don't really see much hope for UCL or Durham either unless you do brilliantly in the LNAT. Leeds is probably a good choice however.

My advice would be to definitely take out LSE and either UCL/Durham from your choices. Then put in a couple more realistic ones - that are AAA or AAB. I would still be hesitant about Oxford unless your remarks go up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)
    UCL
    LSE
    OXFORD
    DURHAM
    LEEDS

GCSES= 5A*, 6A

Note: Was shocked about Bs in Geo and Eco (which was 2 UMS below A due to one poor paper)! I'm having all Geo and 1 Eco exam remarked.

Thanks in Advance!
    No you have a very good chance. I didn't even submit my AS results because they weren't cashed in and I recieved offers from UCL, Durham, Bristol and Warwick for Law, and will be going to UCL on an unconditional deferred entry.

Go for it. Worst case scenario you take a gap year and have to apply to a less competitive course (which most people do anyway). Best case you get into a very good university for Law.

Don't let the apparent competition put you off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unsworth)
    Very risky in all honesty. I think you will struggle to even get an interview at Oxford and think you would definitely get rejected by LSE. I don't really see much hope for UCL or Durham either unless you do brilliantly in the LNAT. Leeds is probably a good choice however.

My advice would be to definitely take out LSE and either UCL/Durham from your choices. Then put in a couple more realistic ones - that are AAA or AAB. I would still be hesitant about Oxford unless your remarks go up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Playing it too safe in my opinion
    EDIT: But if you are that worried/you don't think you can reach your prediction it might be worth considering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandraW96)
    Playing it too safe in my opinion
    EDIT: But if you are that worried/you don't think you can reach your prediction it might be worth considering
    So you think the OP will stand a chance of getting an offer from LSE with ABBB, or an offer from Oxford?! Crazy. They will be two straight easy rejections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)
    UCL
    LSE
    OXFORD
    DURHAM
    LEEDS

GCSES= 5A*, 6A

Thanks in Advance!

Personally my AS grades were around ABBCD but I was predicted A*AA, I received offers from LSE, UCL and Durham. In all honesty it depends on how strong the rest of your application will be too. You still have a chance - so long as your application is as strong as possible in every other aspect. If you want help with building a strong application the way I did I would recommend looking at an event I'm now involved with called - 'Launch into Law' (fb them) - they have students who've been in the exact same position (including me) and know exactly what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unsworth)
    So you think the OP will stand a chance of getting an offer from LSE with ABBB, or an offer from Oxford?! Crazy. They will be two straight easy rejections.
    OP should at least try. If they get a 25+ on the LNAT and an amazing personal statement than they do at least stand a chance at one of the top law schools

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2014
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.