Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so because I take fm I've taken my whole a level maths this year.
    I got an A* in maths and the offer for physics is A*AA.
    Does that mean I just need a minimum of two A's next year to have a shot (provided all the other bits such as the PAT go okay)?? Or do I need to get another A* in the upcoming A2's??
    I'm aiming for stars but it would be nice to know....

Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysGeek)
    Okay so because I take fm I've taken my whole a level maths this year.
    I got an A* in maths and the offer for physics is A*AA.
    Does that mean I just need a minimum of two A's next year to have a shot (provided all the other bits such as the PAT go okay)?? Or do I need to get another A* in the upcoming A2's??
    I'm aiming for stars but it would be nice to know....

Xx
    The Oxford website specifies only that the A* must be in physics, mathematics or further mathematics. You meet that requirement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William Turtle)
    The Oxford website specifies only that the A* must be in physics, mathematics or further mathematics. You meet that requirement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Will it not matter that I've taken it a year early then?? Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysGeek)
    Will it not matter that I've taken it a year early then?? Xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suspect you'll need to be doing 3 A2 subjects next year, but should you get 3 As in them (and no A*) I don't think it will matter as you have an A* already.

Email the admissions office - they will confirm for you. Lots of people take the whole of A level maths early, so I imagine they're used to it.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.