Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have an offer but I might not go University watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If I do decide not to go then when is the deadline for me to withdraw my application before I incur the student loan tuition debt?

ReputationRep:
    Student Finance only release your loans/grant when you enrol at uni (usually during Induction or Freshers Week). If you never enrol, SF never hand over any money and no debt is incurred. So there's effectively a built-in automatic deadline of your enrolment date and you don't have to do anything.

Having said that, it's best if you inform both the uni and SF as soon as you decide not to go to uni, so that they can formally close your application for this year. If you decide to go to uni at some point in the future, it just makes sure that there are no loose ends hanging around their system to confuse a new application.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.