Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First post here, be gentle

To sum it up during GCSE days I really didn't pay attention to english I found it extremely boring and had the attitude of "hey I can speak it, I can write - what use is this shakespeare guy"

Any who after getting D/D for English it has always been on my mind...

I took an in-house exam at university for English because they wanted to know if I could understand it after my grades were so shabby but even after getting my degree 2 years ago (I'm 24 years old now) I still want to do this GCSE English... One of those things to prove to myself.

How do I go about getting into this? Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can sympathise, I too didn't pay attention in class at secondary school even though I enjoyed the subject.
    I decided to change my career back in 2012 and enquired about an access course. I found out that they had changed the previous entry requirements which meant I needed a C in english (I knew I had a D). So paid for distance learning from ICS to study English language at IGCSE. Obviously I had to pay for an exam as a private candidate but that was £90 and it was worth it.

ReputationRep:
    You could do it as an evening course I guess?

ReputationRep:
    most further education colleges and adult education centres have gcse english courses. also, maths and english gcse courses are free if you don't have a grade c or above.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.