The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Yay looks like St John's are giving out the interviews now. (I'm still pretty dubious about the fact that I got one with my none to spectacular bmat). But much happy anyway!
Original post by a123a
Hey well done! On the email it say reply to confirm, but they haven't gave an email address. So do we just email the admissions team?

I thought we could return it to the sender maybe? :smile: how long are the interviews, do you know? It doesn't say on the email and I can't find it on the website :frown:
Original post by Helenia
Depends what time your interview is and how far away you'd be coming from. Most people only stay one night, but if you need two and your college is offering it then there's no harm in it.

Thanks. I'm coming from Romania so I guess it's okay if I ask for 2 nights.
Original post by gum1941
My interview's on the 8th of December (in less than 9 days time!!!). What about yours?

Yeah my friend's in his 2nd year now, rocking the Cambridge life haha

Who is interviewing you ?
Reply 444
Original post by Elishaclark2
I thought we could return it to the sender maybe? :smile: how long are the interviews, do you know? It doesn't say on the email and I can't find it on the website :frown:

Yep we reply back to the sender.
Hmm... I can't seem to find anything on how long the interviews are.
Reply 445
Original post by clever1diot
Yay looks like St John's are giving out the interviews now. (I'm still pretty dubious about the fact that I got one with my none to spectacular bmat). But much happy anyway!

I know this is a bit random, but could you tell me what you got in your BMAT? I just want to see if St John’s expect high BMAT scores.
Is it worth appealing the BMAT results? How often do the scores change?
Original post by aprocrastinator
Is it worth appealing the BMAT results? How often do the scores change?

you got an interview already!! so don't worry about it !!
When's your interview and who is the interviewer?
Original post by DCMed96
you got an interview already!! so don't worry about it !!
When's your interview and who is the interviewer?

haha alright, I was just idly considering it. I highly doubt it would be worth the money!

10th of December, and all I remember is that they were all Dr's!
How much weighting do Cambridge place on their interviews?
Like in consideration with BMAT, AS UMS, GCSE etc
Original post by ukelele123
How much weighting do Cambridge place on their interviews?
Like in consideration with BMAT, AS UMS, GCSE etc

Rather than thinking about these questions, the answers to which nobody really knows, it might be better to spend your time on further reading and interview prep instead, and simply just give your best shot :smile: Your stats are great (I saw them in your previous post), so if your interview is decent, an offer is quite likely IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a123a
I know this is a bit random, but could you tell me what you got in your BMAT? I just want to see if St John’s expect high BMAT scores.

Don't worry. I think this will validate most people: 4.9, 5.7, 3.5A :/
Reply 452
Original post by clever1diot
Don't worry. I think this will validate most people: 4.9, 5.7, 3.5A :/

Omg that's really similar to my score! Well done! It's above average at least.
Reply 453
Guys, is there anything we need to take to our interviews? Nothing mentioned on the email but do we bring our Personal Statement etc...
Original post by a123a
Guys, is there anything we need to take to our interviews? Nothing mentioned on the email but do we bring our Personal Statement etc...

For Downing, we are told to bring the statement of result (UMS stuff). I think that's it. They also say bring the invitation letter with the timetables on in case you get lost...
Reply 455
Original post by DCMed96
For Downing, we are told to bring the statement of result (UMS stuff). I think that's it. They also say bring the invitation letter with the timetables on in case you get lost...

Oh ok thanks!
St John's haven't really said anything about UMS statement of results. Did you get this info on your college website or from your invitation letter/email?
I worked out where i was in terms of top % for sections 1&2 for 2013 and 2014 and scores are significantly lower this year

for 2014 my s1 got me in the top 32% and s2 top 20% whereas in 2013 it was top 40% for s1 and top 30% for s2 (rough estimates considering the poor scale on the normal distribution graphs)

So I think this is good news guys! :biggrin:
Original post by aprocrastinator
I worked out where i was in terms of top % for sections 1&2 for 2013 and 2014 and scores are significantly lower this year

for 2014 my s1 got me in the top 32% and s2 top 20% whereas in 2013 it was top 40% for s1 and top 30% for s2 (rough estimates considering the poor scale on the normal distribution graphs)

So I think this is good news guys! :biggrin:

Yh, i kinda noticed when i was looking at the normal distribution graphs but i didnt realise it was that much of a difference!
If u dont mind me asking, what were ur bmat scores?
Is anyone going over their maths and physics in preparation for the interview? I don't really see how it'll be relevant. Maybe the AS-level maths and physics stuff, but I can't see them quizing me on circular motion and complex numbers. At least I really hope not...
Original post by Master219
Yh, i kinda noticed when i was looking at the normal distribution graphs but i didnt realise it was that much of a difference!
If u dont mind me asking, what were ur bmat scores?

It is quite different! Hopefully my scores are a little better than they sound! I got 5.4 and 5.7

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending