Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Men of Britian not being treated equally? Are they too scared to stand up to women? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In case you didn't know there was a story in the news of a man being attacked in the face by a woman who would normally get a 12 month sentence for what she had done but gotten away with simply because she is a woman, now I have to say that is extremely sexist. Law should punish those who break the law regardless of your gender. If it was a man we all know we be in jail by now.

this is the story

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/16/victim...woman-4834964/

now this happens quite a lot in the UK were men are assaulted by women but are scared to fight back because they will get branded as a sexist if he lays hands on a woman. There has countless videos online of women battered the **** out of men whilst people walk past not doing anything. There was another one recently of a homeless man getting attacked by a group of young females. If the man was female I'm sure there people swarming around him ring to pull him off.

I feel that today's society is full of men scared to stand up to women, being in nightclubs I hear tons of insults directed towards a man judging on his appearance, society tells that its a man who has to impress to girls leaving him upset and not being confident about himself but he knows if he says something he come out worse.

I think women should give men more respect, not men are players, criminals,careless fathers etc, there is a lot of decent men who care for women, so if women want equally they should show it. This doesn't reflect women as a whole because I know there good women out who do stand up for men but still we going backwards.

I welcome you to share your opinions on this.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just grateful someone has finally raised this issue here. This place has been crying out for a gender debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LonelyDemon)
    In case you didn't know there was a story in the news of a man being attacked in the face by a woman who would normally get a 12 month sentence for what she had done but gotten away with simply because she is a woman, now I have to say that is extremely sexist. Law should punish those who break the law regardless of your gender. If it was a man we all know we be in jail by now.

this is the story

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/16/victim...woman-4834964/

now this happens quite a lot in the UK were men are assaulted by women but are scared to fight back because they will get branded as a sexist if he lays hands on a woman. There has countless videos online of women battered the **** out of men whilst people walk past not doing anything. There was another one recently of a homeless man getting attacked by a group of young females. If the man was female I'm sure there people swarming around him ring to pull him off.

I feel that today's society is full of men scared to stand up to women, being in nightclubs I hear tons of insults directed towards a man judging on his appearance, society tells that its a man who has to impress to girls leaving him upset and not being confident about himself but he knows if he says something he come out worse.

I think women should give men more respect, not men are players, criminals,careless fathers etc, there is a lot of decent men who care for women, so if women want equally they should show it. This doesn't reflect women as a whole because I know there good women out who do stand up for men but still we going backwards.

I welcome you to share your opinions on this.
    The joys of 'gender equality'. Sadly, there are problems that men face, which go unresolved. Blatant double standards.

ReputationRep:
    It pisses me off so much this double standard! Women can do no wrong, always the oppressed by the nasty sexist male.

There was a story earlier today, about a male bodybuilder, posing before he went onstage. In the background was his friend, who was quite chubby, and he was singled out as "Nice try", "Chubster" "Just no"

When women are fat, they are called curvy, and are proud of their curves? The one off the only way is Essex, she loves her curves... she should be so proud of her body. Its nonsense, she is fat. It winds me up when women expect men to be rock solid Zac efron six packs, and they cant be insulted.

Feminists, what do you think of the current Diet Coke advert? Run your eyes over that sexist piece of advertising. But its just fun isnt it? No one is really offended? Remember that when you spew your nonsense about women being manipulated and used.

ReputationRep:
    Lol there is truth in this e.g-there are no male plus size models and its always about saving the women and children.. but thats cos guys just in general don't care about these petty issues anymore we've moved on i guess.first world femi Masculinism would never come close to creating the crazy types of feminists. Most people have it wrong anyway feminists that pick on individual cases in the west and use it as a reason to ressurect feminism are wrong,racism has "ended" but of course there are always the individual cases just with feminists the worlds not perfect but its not like we need another MLK-type for femisits is it? feminists instead should be going on about much bigger issues in the east where it's actually needed for example FGM Honor killings etc.
    Guys need to stop trying to level themselves with these lobbying feminists in the developed countries it just leads to whining and going in circles with nothing major being solved anymore it's not like youll see masses of guys on social media be so proud when male plus size models are popularised. ...Bit of a tangent i suppose but back to the OP theres a bunch of videos and stuff on youtube showing exactly that and maybe it will change here in the west but it will just take time.Realistically i dont see a "big" Male social equality type of movement happening even though it would be beneficial in actual ways but only a few if you disregard the petty little-er issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriswhjay)
    It pisses me off so much this double standard! Women can do no wrong, always the oppressed by the nasty sexist male.

There was a story earlier today, about a male bodybuilder, posing before he went onstage. In the background was his friend, who was quite chubby, and he was singled out as "Nice try", "Chubster" "Just no"

When women are fat, they are called curvy, and are proud of their curves? The one off the only way is Essex, she loves her curves... she should be so proud of her body. Its nonsense, she is fat. It winds me up when women expect men to be rock solid Zac efron six packs, and they cant be insulted.

Feminists, what do you think of the current Diet Coke advert? Run your eyes over that sexist piece of advertising. But its just fun isnt it? No one is really offended? Remember that when you spew your nonsense about women being manipulated and used.
    it's true, ive never seen a 'plus size' male model

ReputationRep:
    Men are too scared to ignore women and only meet them in bars and clubs for sex.

ReputationRep:
    the reason this sort of thing happens is because woman are systematically viewed as lesser humans

all of ~mens rights issues~ can be solved by beleieving that women have just as much power at making decisions as men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    it's true, ive never seen a 'plus size' male model
    Exactly, the whole massive issue over page 3, its demeaning to women, they want it banned. Has anyone ever looked in heat - and seen a whole page dedicated to "torso of the week"...

http://www.heatworld.com/Global/Sear...f%20The%20Week

See this page - if you look at the articles, they are asking "Whose torso would you rather see"

Firstly; they are pitting men agaisnt each other on the sake of their bodies, can you imagine if menshealth was doing that?!

#RAGEQUIT
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by LonelyDemon)
    In case you didn't know there was a story in the news of a man being attacked in the face by a woman who would normally get a 12 month sentence for what she had done but gotten away with simply because she is a woman.
    No, they didn't. That's the idle speculation of the victim, not anything to do with the decision & a suspended sentence combined with rehab/anger management/other treatments are fairly common these days, she didn't actually get away with it at all, she got a fairly standard sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    No, they didn't. That's the idle speculation of the victim, not anything to do with the decision & a suspended sentence combined with rehab/anger management/other treatments are fairly common these days, she didn't actually get away with it at all, she got a fairly standard sentence.
    No, you are wrong. It's a well known fact that men never receive suspended sentences for assault.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.