Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just received my AS results and was wondering what the next step would be in order to stand a vague possibility of getting into or at least an interview at Oxbridge.

My grades were:
    Geography- A (195/200)
    Economics- A (170/200)
    Law- B (1 UMS off A and I'm confident the remark will make it an A)
    Sociology- C (dropped)
    With what I expect to be AAAc, my main issue is the fact that law and sociology aren't that highly regarded and will almost certainly hinder any future application. My A2 grades will probably be in the region of A*AA.

I have strong extra curricular and a personal statement, yet my GCSE's aren't great but I've heard people get in with worse.

Advice please.
    -What should I do in my A2 year/potential extra year if necessary e.g. take another facilitating subject etc?
    -Just HOW far off an I from an application that stands any chance of an interview?

P.S. I am fully aware that it's no where near strong enough yet; I wish to study PPE; and I go to an underachieving school that has never sent anyone to Oxbridge (will this be taken into account?)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.