Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so basically, I know the general response to this question is 'the day before you do' but something has thrown suposicion over it all for me.

My school has released the new timetables for the upcoming academic year. My sisters, who are in Year 9, told me that their timetables were up and available to view, so I checked to see if mine was. My sixth form timetable is up and appears to be finalised, yet I haven't received my GCSE results yet? They were put up yesterday, just under a week before we get our results.

I asked some of my friends who are also hoping to go to sixth form, if their timetables were up also. Some were, and some weren't.

Why are some potential Year 12's getting timetables, and others aren't? That makes me think that the school already have our results, hence only creating timetables for those who have done well... Which would explain why not everyone has been given one.

So really, do school's get our results much earlier than us? Or is this there probably some other explanation behind this?

All seems very suspect to me. :confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    What do timetables have to do with results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    What do timetables have to do with results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why have I been given a finalised timetable for sixth form when I may not have the right grades to get into sixth form in the first place? Why have some potential Year 12's got timetables, and other's don't? Perhaps it's because those without timetables, aren't in because their results aren't good enough. Also, it's not about a time delay or whatever... They've checked again today, and there's nothing there. They're obviously in panic mode at the moment as to why.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs were marked a few weeks ago. It's generally known that schools receive the result on the wednesday while students receive them on the thursday. Idk, maybe it's changed and the schools can view them earlier now. I know with A Levels, UCAS get the results a couple of weeks before we do so maybe the schools are receiving the GCSEs a week before you do. Far as I know though it is the day before.

ReputationRep:
    The only correct and definitive answer: centres get the results on Wednesday 20th August, and candidates get the results on Thursday 21st August.

There's no timetabling conspiracy.

ReputationRep:
    That's actually a really interesting theory. You'll have to let us know if the people who don't have timetables online passed their classes or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.