The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr poster
The process is a bit awkward because you cant hand in your notice or at least inform your current employer that you may be leaving because its not guaranteed unless sc and employment checks are successful. So basically your current employer will find out by hmpo contacting them before you can tell them and thats not a nice way of them finding out. Not sure of how to break it down to them lol. Anyone in a similar situation?

I agree with you but in my case, once the security checks was cleared, 2 days after I got another email coming from the business unit where I will be based (London) to arrange dates to start, she had several dates in feb and March, what I did I picked a date in March because I need to give 4 weeks notice, from the moment I confirmed a starting date I handled my notice
To all those who have been offered positions in London, what is the uniform???
Original post by Mr poster
Hi

Yes that sounds good. A big relief lol. I guess they have ways of finding out your employment history.

This can neither be confirmed or denied :rolleyes:
Original post by missfohal
They don't seem to be in any great rush to let us know. Their communication to different applicants is not at all consistent.

Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by Graygray
Have you heard anything yet?

Only to say that we should know by the 06th February. Other than that, nothing.

How about you ?
Hi guys

To everyone who has successfully passed the pre-employment checks, how long did the process take? I'm trying to work out an average time which will hopefully give me a rough idea of how long I can expect to wait.
Only to say that we should know by the 06th February. Other than that, nothing.

How about you ?

Still waiting...
Slightly hopeful seeing as last time I was told I hadn't got through the very next day after the interviews being completed. Not long to suffer now!
Reply 407
Hi Nokia8210,
Did you email CSR regarding confirmation of the 3 forms received ? I didn't get any acknowledgement that they had got my forms, so emailed them and no reply since . Do CSR actually reply to candidates' queries?
Hi Paulas

Like you I did not receive acknowledgement and going by what I have read above, I do not think anyone did. I did not contact them again. It's seems like they do not reply to any candidates and that might be down to security reasons.
Reply 409
Original post by Na_n
That's great. When did you have your interview?

Had my interview in the last week of November. I think it was the 29th.
Anyone still waiting on the outcome of their interviews ? Almost 8 weeks on from I had mine......
Reply 411
Anyone still waiting on the outcome of their interviews ? Almost 8 weeks on from I had mine......

I know so frustrating I am still waiting for a start date. I presume once they have sorted out interviews I will get it! Any day now hopefully!!
Original post by Jukie
I know so frustrating I am still waiting for a start date. I presume once they have sorted out interviews I will get it! Any day now hopefully!!

Just a bit mean that having to wait this long and they could possibly say " Sorry but you have been unsuccessful ". Hopefully that will not be the case.
Reply 413
Just a bit mean that having to wait this long and they could possibly say " Sorry but you have been unsuccessful ". Hopefully that will not be the case.

Hope not. A lot of people will have applied for more than one job and I am sure cos of length of time its taken people will have found other jobs, lost interest etc. It is 7 weeks now since I had my conditional offer so it is a very long drawn out process.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jukie
Hope not. A lot of people will have applied for more than one job and I am sure cos of length of time its taken people will have found other jobs, lost interest etc. It is 7 weeks now since I had my conditional offer so it is a very long drawn out process.

Really ? So say they come back to us by Friday as they have said, and give us conditional offers. Does that mean it could be around April / May time that would be the start date ?
Reply 415
Really ? So say they come back to us by Friday as they have said, and give us conditional offers. Does that mean it could be around April / May time that would be the start date ?

After your conditional offer you have to have security clearance and employment history checks. They send you forms to fill in first then after that an online link for security clearance forms so depends how fast they move. From what I have read my checks have been completed pretty quickly!!!
Reply 416
Original post by jen89
hi

i received a email on 23rd saying security clearance successful but have not heard anything since it came back literally a few days later didn't expect it to be that quick

is it just pre employment checks that is left to do and how long do they normally take does anyone know

thanks

Jenny

Have you heard anything yet? Are you Liverpool or London?
Reply 417
Original post by Jukie
Have you heard anything yet? Are you Liverpool or London?

no not yet but in interview did say is a lengthy process so am not expecting to start till at least march/april anyway.

Am liverpool

a thought how quick the security clearance came back would of heard back from pre employment checks by now but maybe they are waiting till they offer everyone the job so can finalise the different start dates on offer
Could anyone tell me how did you get your contract,? Did they send it by post or emailed it to you? I have got my starting date which is in March, but no signs of my contract!!!
Original post by Snoopyuk33
Could anyone tell me how did you get your contract,? Did they send it by post or emailed it to you? I have got my starting date which is in March, but no signs of my contract!!!

Hi snoopy I am still waiting for update on my Clearence when was you informed that you have passed you ctc clearance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending