Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have I made a mistake going to my firm? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In my firm I have been accepted to do joint honors in philosophy + psychology. The thing is I'm not sure if psychology is what I want to pursue as I got a D in it at A2 which probably means I'm going to struggle at uni. My teacher did however put me off the subject.
    My insurance also accepted me for philosophy as single honors and philosophy is definitely the subject I want to pursue.

I have already sorted accommodation at my firm (haven't paid the deposit though) and as far as I'm aware there's a space for my insurance course still in clearing. I'm however worried that if I back out of my firm I may end up with no uni to attend at all.

Is it still possible to go to my insurance and not my firm? what if I back out and I'm left completely stranded? is it really difficult at uni if you struggled at A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reggin1)
    In my firm I have been accepted to do joint honors in philosophy + psychology. The thing is I'm not sure if psychology is what I want to pursue as I got a D in it at A2 which probably means I'm going to struggle at uni. My teacher did however put me off the subject.
    My insurance also accepted me for philosophy as single honors and philosophy is definitely the subject I want to pursue.

I have already sorted accommodation at my firm (haven't paid the deposit though) and as far as I'm aware there's a space for my insurance course still in clearing. I'm however worried that if I back out of my firm I may end up with no uni to attend at all.

Is it still possible to go to my insurance and not my firm? what if I back out and I'm left completely stranded? is it really difficult at uni if you struggled at A level?
    My understanding if the joint honours is that toucan change to single honours if you decide it isn't for you. I'm assuming there's a reason the Uni was you firm choice in the first place. I personally would either try it and see how things go. You may be surprised, especially as you were put off the subject by a teacher in the first place. Or I would speak to the Uni and see if I could swap to single honours instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I may be totally ignorant of the facts here but I can't see it being a problem for your firm to alter your degree from joint to single honours. The amount of people I spoke to last year who have completely changed their degree subject in the first few weeks of uni is staggering!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.