Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does Bradford university allow their students to use consoles or gaming pc's for online gaming?

I intend to do some gaming in some sparetime I get but I can't seem to find out if the uni allows us to use them online.

Is there anyone studying at Bradford who uses a console or gaming pc who can clarify this.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Simba96)
    Does Bradford university allow their students to use consoles or gaming pc's for online gaming?

I intend to do some gaming in some sparetime I get but I can't seem to find out if the uni allows us to use them online.

Is there anyone studying at Bradford who uses a console or gaming pc who can clarify this.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With your own console/pc? If you just need to connect to the internet to game, there are three different types of wifi network available across the university, eduroam, Roamnet and The Cloud

Eduroam and Roamnet are the academic networks (click the links above for terms of use), whereas The Cloud is a free public access network that's available right across the UK (you can sign up for it for free at any time) and you can get it in coffee shops, pubs etc right across Bradford.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    There's a Video Gaming Society at the Uni, their web page here or you can follow them on Twitter here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bradford)
    There's a Video Gaming Society at the Uni, their web page here or you can follow them on Twitter here
    Thank you for you assistance, am I correct when I say eduroam and roamnet are strictly for academic use only, and The Cloud I am free to use for gaming.

regards,

Simba
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Simba96)
    Thank you for you assistance, am I correct when I say eduroam and roamnet are strictly for academic use only, and The Cloud I am free to use for gaming.

regards,

Simba
    Regulation 21 suggests that the uni networks shouldn't be used for gaming, torrents etc, etc. Might be an idea to drop the gaming society an email or tweet about it to see if they can advise?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.