Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are there other people that won't be doing this? I feel like my flatmates are just going to leave me out of everything because I won't go with them drinking/clubbing (simply because I've tried several times, and I really cannot enjoy it at all, it's just not fun for me). I'm actually kinda worried they may turn to dislike me because of it too... So is there anyone else that won't be doing this or am I looking like the only one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike553)
    Are there other people that won't be doing this? I feel like my flatmates are just going to leave me out of everything because I won't go with them drinking/clubbing (simply because I've tried several times, and I really cannot enjoy it at all, it's just not fun for me). I'm actually kinda worried they may turn to dislike me because of it too... So is there anyone else that won't be doing this or am I looking like the only one?
    Don't worry mate, I'm sure there will be many others who aren't going to parties too. I myself wouldn't be doing so, it isn't my thing either.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be drinking o clubbing much, I plan to go out initially to meet a few people but in honesty I really don't like it much. I am sure there will be many others who would much rather stay in with friends and watch TV with some crisps or something! In all honesty I hope I can find a few people who don't like it!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Don't feel like you're alone, I don't drink or go clubbing at all and doubt that'll change much when I start at Cardiff It doesn't interest me at all really and I don't feel as though I need to drink in order to have a good time. In all honestly i'm worried about this too! But I think as long as you show willing to go to social events (not necessarily clubbing) and are friendly and make an effort to get along with your flatmates then you will have no problems! You shouldn't be judged for doing or not doing things so long as you're a friendly person (that's my logic anyway) x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mike,

Dont worry I went with my girlfriend for the first two times like the other day and I HATE it, and was constantly going to the bar get tap water lol dont let what other people think ruin your time at the end of the day if you dont want to do dont, its your uni experience make the most of it if you do things that you dont like to try and fit in you will be unhappy

PM me if you want

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the same thing, I am not a party-animal either but i think we will be ok there will be plenty things to do there. In any case all of us who do not feel like clubbing we could arrange and meet there

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same boat! Completely dreading this whole drinking and partying thing. I was thinking of barricading myself in my room for around a week to avoid freshers flu also! :eek:

I think meeting with like minded people might be a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I won't be going out all the time so it would be lovely to meet people who don't want to either I've got my wristband for Freshers but definitely prefer coffee shops to clubs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmeGeorge)
    I was thinking the same thing, I am not a party-animal either but i think we will be ok there will be plenty things to do there. In any case all of us who do not feel like clubbing we could arrange and meet there
    Sounds like a plan what're you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Foundation in Engineering, you?

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm Emily Roberts and I'm studying Philosophy and living in Senghennydd Court. I was wondering if we could all add each other on f-book as then we can contact each other to meet up if we want to since we seem to like the same things?! This the link to my profile https://www.facebook.com/emily.roberts.35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily Sian)
    Hello I'm Emily Roberts and I'm studying Philosophy and living in Senghennydd Court. I was wondering if we could all add each other on f-book as then we can contact each other to meet up if we want to since we seem to like the same things?! This the link to my profile https://www.facebook.com/emily.roberts.35
    Hi Emily, i'm all up for not partying! I'm Russell, i'll be at tally court studying Accountancy & Finance. Look me up if you want
    https://www.facebook.com/Russellbartkoh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmeGeorge)
    Foundation in Engineering, you?
    music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily Sian)
    Hey! Same as what Russell said really, I'm not into drinking or partying I'm staying in Taly North and studying Music this is the link to my facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/hannah.mahon.90 i'd be more than happy to meet up/arrange something we all want to do!

ReputationRep:
    Same concerns for me. An FB group can be created.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be down for this too, I've never seen the thrill of it all! Here's my fb https://www.facebook.com/matt.tickell What is everyone interested in?

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/422268804578879/

Here you guys go. We can get to know each other on this Facebook group.
    Cheers =)

ReputationRep:
    I suppose if you don't go out clubbing or drinking then it shouldn't reallyyyy be a problem if you don't see those ppl anyway. And maybe there will be a flatmate just like you etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russellbartkoh)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/422268804578879/

Here you guys go. We can get to know each other on this Facebook group.
    Cheers =)
    Maybe we could arrange a meal out in cardiff during freshers, or something similar?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.