The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else have an interview for the 11th??
Original post by tessaharris
Anyone else have an interview for the 11th??

Me :smile: In the morning
Reply 942
Original post by Shakil01995
Okay
I got an interview last week for 10th December
I've resat, currently on a gap year.

It's got nothing to do with gcse grades mine were really bad compared to other people on here
1A* 6A rest C's( including English)
A levels
A*A*AB (physics maths chemistry biology)
Ukcat of 712.5

I think the criteria is 2 or more A* predicted/ achieved and they don't really care that much about your Ukcat( hence someone with 607 has got an interview)

Or

1 A* and a really high UKCAT (probs 700 plus)

I think your at an advantage if your a levels are in science and maths.

Anyone disagree/agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

got A*AA with 707.5 UKCAT :/ no interview so not sure if that's the case
Original post by Clubba
Me :smile: In the morning

Awww mine's at 2.45pm :tongue:
Reply 944
Original post by Dralya
got A*AA with 707.5 UKCAT :/ no interview so not sure if that's the case

lets just stop figuring exeter out
its driving me up the wall

leaving this thread ufn

good luck every1
does anyone know if exeter do prosection, dissection or a combination of both? thanks
Original post by Ahwab
lets just stop figuring exeter out
its driving me up the wall

leaving this thread ufn

good luck every1

New theory - it's based on BMI. Exeter are going for 'The Most Attractive Doctors'. You must be able to bench press 60lb before they let you in.
Reply 947
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
New theory - it's based on BMI. Exeter are going for 'The Most Attractive Doctors'. You must be able to bench press 60lb before they let you in.

Tbh on the health questionnaire they sent out to interviewees, it asked for your height and weight so I reckon they actually might be working out our BMIs! xD
Not trying to confuse things further, but I phoned up medical admissions earlier and they assured me that they're still sending out interviews and would Defintely be done by next Friday, I'm also predicted A*A*A and Haven't received an interview yet?

Am I stupid still holding out some hope?
Original post by Mr_Cupcakes
Not trying to confuse things further, but I phoned up medical admissions earlier and they assured me that they're still sending out interviews and would Defintely be done by next Friday, I'm also predicted A*A*A and Haven't received an interview yet?

Umm are you sure they were talking about school leavers? And next Friday!??Didn't they say this Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cwi111
Tbh on the health questionnaire they sent out to interviewees, it asked for your height and weight so I reckon they actually might be working out our BMIs! xD

'190lbs..... 5.1. Darn.'
Original post by Muhaha_6
Umm are you sure they were talking about school leavers? And next Friday!??Didn't they say this Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I explcitly said undergraduate and that I was currently doing my a-levels.
I explcitly said undergraduate and that I was currently doing my a-levels.

Did you speak to a man? I'm very confused as the man I spoke to stated all school leaver interviews had now been processed and sent. Perhaps he was mistaken...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 953
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
'190lbs..... 5.1. Darn.'

Hahaha you never know, they might be making notes on our appearance at interview too... Oh dear xD
Original post by Doodle00
Did you speak to a man? I'm very confused as the man I spoke to stated all school leaver interviews had now been processed and sent. Perhaps he was mistaken...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang medical school admissions (not general admissions) and spoke to a lady.
Reply 955
I rang medical school admissions (not general admissions) and spoke to a lady.

I prefer to share the same hope you do. We could have misconstrued the message...processed not necessarily meaning sent out? Mayyyybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well the interview is over. Very friendly interviewers. Good luck to those who have interviews soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clubba
Oh, that's weird because I received a reply within 30 minutes of confirming my attendance :s

Did you receive the automatic reply or was it a reply stating that your attendance has been confirmed?
I'm really worried now because today was the 7th day after I received my email...would they give my slot to someone else? :frown:
Does anyone else keep getting "contact portal" when you call the number given to us on the email inviting us for interview?
Reply 959

what day and time did you call them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending