The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I've been rejected, but I've not had acknowledgement on UCAS. Any hope?
Original post by Morvi906

Sadly I think it will update soon. So sorry to hear but best of luck with your other choices.
Really sorry to hear about your rejection :/ The extra week of waiting hasn't been fun, I wish you all the best for your other choices!!
Original post by Morvi906
...am I the only one left to hear now?

It really isn't looking very promising, but tbh over the last week it's kind of got to the point where I don't really have any expectations!
Original post by Dr. Django
...am I the only one left to hear now?

It really isn't looking very promising, but tbh over the last week it's kind of got to the point where I don't really have any expectations!

I get nervous every time I see you've posted Django! I really hope that no news has been good news today...:smile:
Django, I'm still yet hear too, are you a re-applicant?
Original post by Dr Gin
I get nervous every time I see you've posted Django! I really hope that no news has been good news today...:smile:

Ah it's lovely that you care :smile: thanks a lot, I hope so too but what will be will be I guess

Original post by Samfitzp
Django, I'm still yet hear too, are you a re-applicant?

Ah sweet I have a companion :tongue: yeah I'm a resitter altho this is first time I've applied to Exeter
Ah it's lovely that you care :smile: thanks a lot, I hope so too but what will be will be I guess

Ah sweet I have a companion :tongue: yeah I'm a resitter altho this is first time I've applied to Exeter

Hehe yea, it could be something to do with that because I'm also in a gap year, applied to biochemistry last year, but not at exeter. But I'm increasingly believing we're just borderline people
Hehe yea, it could be something to do with that because I'm also in a gap year, applied to biochemistry last year, but not at exeter. But I'm increasingly believing we're just borderline people

Many other people doing gap years have already received offers/rejections so I agree with you that we could just be borderline. It's either that or just that they genuinely are just running behind in terms of making the final few decisions...who knows!? Hopefully we find out soon...preferably in the next hour!

If we don't hear by the end of today then I think we won't hear for quite a while as the feb interviews are next week, so maybe they'd be waiting to see whether our interview scores beat enough of them to get an offer? All speculation really
(edited 9 years ago)
Many other people doing gap years have already received offers/rejections so I agree with you that we could just be borderline. It's either that or just that they genuinely are just running behind in terms of making the final few decisions...who knows!? Hopefully we find out soon...preferably in the next hour!

If we don't hear by the end of today then I think we won't hear for quite a while as the feb interviews are next week, so maybe they'd be waiting to see whether our interview scores beat enough of them to get an offer? All speculation really

Yea I think you may be right there. Well atleast if we don't hear it means there is potential hope in the coming weeks I suppose- though we would be relying on speculation, albeit a pretty good one.
Reply 1710
I'm still here with you... I really hope we all get news soon - hopefully an offer. Although I too don't really have any expectations.
Does anyone know when the Feb interviews are? For some reason I thought they were this week but I've realised I actually have no basis to that idea!

Thanks
Does anyone know when the Feb interviews are? For some reason I thought they were this week but I've realised I actually have no basis to that idea!

Thanks

Another mini heart-attack...:smile:

No, sorry, not seen anything specific.
I recal from somewhere them saying the international students were interviewed 'throughly February' so we may indeed find out on the March deadline date. But my recollection isn't exactly a reliable source.

Thanks

I have my interview tomorrow
Original post by Halycon
I have my interview tomorrow

Ah thanks!!

Good luck, (just don't do better than me :tongue:)!!
Ah thanks!!

Good luck, (just don't do better than me :tongue:)!!

Thanks mate haha
I recal from somewhere them saying the international students were interviewed 'throughly February' so we may indeed find out on the March deadline date. But my recollection isn't exactly a reliable source.

You could be right but I think it's more likely that there will just be 1 or 2 more days of interviews given that for the 320 in December it only took 8/9 days, so for a max of 60 more it's not gonna take too long!!

Hopefully we'll hear by the end of Feb but it's anyone's guess tbh
Can I just ask those with post-interview rejections whether, like Plymouth, they told you your interview scores and the offer threshold you'd missed? Plymouth told people their score, announced the cut-off score and created a 'near-miss' waiting list straight away. They didn't immediately give offer-holders their scores but easily volunteered them after an email. It seems Exeter are going through the same process but in a slightly more 'under-the-radar' kind of way..? Anyone know anything more definite about the scoring for this year?
Original post by Halycon
Thanks mate haha

Hey, I hope your interview went well/goes well :smile: I just have a few questions:

1.) Did they say whether there would be any more interview days?
2.) Did they give a timescale for when you can expect to hear from them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending