The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Yh fam both . Mans kinda gassed still dunno what to firm tho still got 2 interviews left. Wbu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theblackmemba
Yh fam both . Mans kinda gassed still dunno what to firm tho still got 2 interviews left. Wbu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Offer from Manchester. So did you ever find some one to cheat with?
Reply 1803
I dont know whether to accept the medical science switch course thing or query my no interview with 698 UKCAT and A*AA prediction after being sent an email confirming that my predicted grades was at the top end of the requirement and all that remained was how my UKCAT score would fit into my cohort

I feel so down, technically been rejected from Exeter, & rejected from Lancaster

Put on hold by plymouth post interview
Waiting on Manchester....

I just wanna go to med school :*(
(edited 9 years ago)

good, cause i could show people or even unis the message you sent me...
Original post by Hudl
I dont know whether to accept the medical science switch course thing or query my no interview with 698 UKCAT and A*AA prediction after being sent an email confirming that my predicted grades was at the top end of the requirement and all that remained was how my UKCAT score would fit into my cohort

I feel so down, technically been rejected from Exeter, & rejected from Lancaster

Put on hold by plymouth post interview
Waiting on Manchester....

I just wanna go to med school :*(

They changed their requirement to A*A*A. I had predicted's of A*AA and UKCAT of 650 with no rejection.
Don't make a fuss, you'll look desperate
Reply 1806
Original post by Mutleybm1996
They changed their requirement to A*A*A. I had predicted's of A*AA and UKCAT of 650 with no rejection.
Don't make a fuss, you'll look desperate

I am desperate, so you havent been rejected by email yet with A*AA prediction and 650 UKCAT score?
Reply 1807
@hudl seen this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hudl
I am desperate, so you havent been rejected by email yet with A*AA prediction and 650 UKCAT score?

Yes I have
Original post by Hudl

I met people at the interview with UKCAT of 640, this year they wanted a*a*a predictions so you cant really email them for a complaint.
Original post by Jaska
I met people at the interview with UKCAT of 640, this year they wanted a*a*a predictions so you cant really email them for a complaint.

That is still a bit unfair considering they say A*AA but oh well
Hang on. On their website, they ask for A*AA-AAA predicted A Levels. I have had an interview at Exeter with A*AA predicted grades. If they are asking for higher grades then they would have rejected me by now, wouldn't they?
Original post by Hudl

I personally had a UKCAT of 635 and a*a* a prediction, and got a reserve interview which I had last week.
I think it's personal statement based as when they emailed me they said although I do not fit the criteria (UKCAT) I have potential, which suggests they made reserve decisions from the personal statements.
Original post by Sugarpuffx
I personally had a UKCAT of 635 and a*a* a prediction, and got a reserve interview which I had last week.
I think it's personal statement based as when they emailed me they said although I do not fit the criteria (UKCAT) I have potential, which suggests they made reserve decisions from the personal statements.

So how long do you have to wait to find out if you've been accepted into Exeter medical school after the interview. Some people have said that the reserve interview candidates were competing against some of the December candidates for the remaining places.
Original post by Wackyboi123
So how long do you have to wait to find out if you've been accepted into Exeter medical school after the interview. Some people have said that the reserve interview candidates were competing against some of the December candidates for the remaining places.

Yeah I get the feeling we're competing against those guys although some more interviews were just given out to people who exeter had already rejected once. So who would these rejected interviews be up against? And since these interviews are in March, will it increase the waiting time?

I think we'll hear in March, but it's just guess work.
Yeah I get the feeling we're competing against those guys although some more interviews were just given out to people who exeter had already rejected once. So who would these rejected interviews be up against? And since these interviews are in March, will it increase the waiting time?

I think we'll hear in March, but it's just guess work.

I heard about the March interviews aswell, there must be some places left on the course if they are interviewing more people. But yeah, it could be March but it might be later.
Reply 1816

This is messed up, how does 53 UKCAT points not make up for an A* predicted grade. Funny thing is I was given a choice by my chem teacher to whether I wanted an A* prediction or not & for Bio one teacher predicted me an A and the other predicted me an A* although I flopped bio and was 4 ums of an A at AS because I messed the unit 2 exams worth more ums. I got over 90% in unit 1.

Modesty made me say no to the chem A* prediction and also due to awards being given out for people who exceed their predictions by my college. If I wasnt deceived by exeter that I had the top requirement for predicted grades I wouldnt be in this position D:
Reply 1817
Original post by Hudl
This is messed up, how does 53 UKCAT points not make up for an A* predicted grade. Funny thing is I was given a choice by my chem teacher to whether I wanted an A* prediction or not & for Bio one teacher predicted me an A and the other predicted me an A* although I flopped bio and was 4 ums of an A at AS because I messed the unit 2 exams worth more ums. I got over 90% in unit 1.

Modesty made me say no to the chem A* prediction and also due to awards being given out for people who exceed their predictions by my college. If I wasnt deceived by exeter that I had the top requirement for predicted grades I wouldnt be in this position D:

That's very peak, can you not get it changed like get your teacher to say it was an error lawl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hudl

Well this is my 4th interview, so maybe my personal statement just stands out.
Just remember it's not all about the grades.

Have you had any other interviews?
Original post by Hudl

Stop winging

Quick Reply

Latest