Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, have been looking at Unis with AAA entry requirements and good reputation for biology and was quite surprised to see that York seems to be ranked in the top 5 UK unis for biological sciences, just below Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews.

I have to admit that York had never ever come under our radar before, so if anyone is doing biology at York, would you mind sharing your experience of the course, tutors, etc?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I lived with a guy doing Biology last year, and he has stayed on to do a PhD so he must have liked something about the course/department.

I can't really say much more than that tbh. Although, I lived with people doing Biochemistry the two years before that, and all of them had to work hard.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting Biology at York this year. The department is well regarded and comes high in league tables. The teaching and research seem great, and the year in industry programme is well organised and prepares you well for interviews etc. Sorry I can't be more specific but I haven't started yet :P

ReputationRep:
    Thanks both, well, she's going to visit the campus on Wednesday, so, although she won't be able to visit the department, hopefully the students doing the tour might be current biology students she can chat with and ask all her questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.