Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Zoology with a preliminary year because I don't have the right A-levels (I only have one science at A2.)

Anyone else doing anything similar? Would be nice to chat with potential coursemates.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing a preliminary year too! Doing chemistry but I think we have the same first year.
    Have you had much information about the prelim year, everything has gone through the chemistry department so far and know one can tell me much about it?
    Where are you living?
    Tore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tore8)
    Hi, I'm doing a preliminary year too! Doing chemistry but I think we have the same first year.
    Have you had much information about the prelim year, everything has gone through the chemistry department so far and know one can tell me much about it?
    Where are you living?
    Tore
    Hi! I've had no information so far except the enrolment info here http://www.cf.ac.uk/biosi/currentstu...ary%202014.pdf - so it'll be a complete surprise, I guess!

I'm living in Talybont South, House 13. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying biomedicine with a preliminary year :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rapunzel1988)
    I'm studying biomedicine with a preliminary year :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! I'm sure we'll bump into each other at some point. Do you know where you're living yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrenny;49712791 no information so far except the enrolment info here [URL)
    http://www.cf.ac.uk/biosi/currentstudents/enrolment/PRELIM%20Enrolment%20Summary%202 014.pdf[/URL] - so it'll be a complete surprise, I guess!

I'm living in Talybont South, House 13. How about you?
    Talyont south as well, house 19.

Yep saw the enrolment Info, hoping to get a welcome pack or something, chemistry sending one out this week. Or we can all have a surprise together!

Have you found any flat mates yet, any idea what you are doing for freshers week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tore8)
    Talyont south as well, house 19.

Yep saw the enrolment Info, hoping to get a welcome pack or something, chemistry sending one out this week. Or we can all have a surprise together!

Have you found any flat mates yet, any idea what you are doing for freshers week?
    Haven't found any flatmates yet but I found someone in the other flat on the same floor as me. Also I've bought the week one electric wristband (well, bought the ticket... no idea where we actually get the wristbands o.O) but that's it so far, I want to wait and go to the same events as my flatmates but they might be sold out by then... oh well.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrenny)
    Hi! I'm sure we'll bump into each other at some point. Do you know where you're living yet?
    Liberty Cambrian point :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    t found any flatmates yet but I found someone in the other flat on the same floor as me. Also I've bought the week one electric wristband (well, bought the ticket... no idea where we actually get the wristbands o.O) but that's it so far, I want to wait and go to the same events as my flatmates but they might be sold out by then... oh well.

How about you?
    Yep found 3 others, so we have a bit of a plan - to wait to we get there and pay as we go in to places. you are welcome to join if we are looking for somewhere that is not sold out! I did buy week one electric before I found people, think we will be told closer to the time where to collect it

Have you looked for people on facebook? Guess you have If you bought the electric wristband, there seems to be so many groups!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tore8)
    Yep found 3 others, so we have a bit of a plan - to wait to we get there and pay as we go in to places. you are welcome to join if we are looking for somewhere that is not sold out! I did buy week one electric before I found people, think we will be told closer to the time where to collect it

Have you looked for people on facebook? Guess you have If you bought the electric wristband, there seems to be so many groups!.
    Sounds like a good plan, and thanks - I might do that!

I've had a look on Facebook in the Talybont South groups and the page for House 13, I'll keep looking. Have you found anyone on Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrenny49846121)
    Sounds like a go, and thanks - I might do that!

I've had a look on Facebook in the Talybont South groups and the page for House 13, I'll keep looking. Have you found anyone on Facebook?
    Yes
    Found them on facebook, we all had our offers early, did not have to wait till A lvel results, so less people meant easier to find others and not miss posts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tore8)
    Yes
    Found them on facebook, we all had our offers early, did not have to wait till A lvel results, so less people meant easier to find others and not miss posts!
    Ahhh did you have an unconditional offer? I bet it was good being able to find other people easily!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOT;49884865]Ahhh did you unconditional offer? I bIt it was good being able to find other people easily! [/QUOTE]

Been unconditional since May, did an Open uni module to get In, reason i have to do the prelim year. You said you did the ' wrong ' A levels, did you change your mind on the course or.......?

Do you know what day you will arrive In Cardiff? Getting close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tore8)

Been unconditional since May, did an Open uni module to get In, reason i have to do the prelim year. You said you did the ' wrong ' A levels, did you change your mind on the course or.......?

Do you know what day you will arrive In Cardiff? Getting close!
    Ahhh cool. I didn't have 2 sciences at A2, just biology (took physics at AS but dropped it), and if I'd known I wanted to do zoology I'd have taken psychology, cos it counts as a science.

I'm arriving on the 17th, how about you? Yeah you're right, not long now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Zoology with a preliminary year because I don't have the right A-levels (I only have one science at A2.)

Anyone else doing anything similar? Would be nice to chat with potential coursemates.
    I am also doing zoology with preliminary year!! Can't wait!! So nice to meet people on the same path. I did a diploma in something completely unrelated, went travelling, came back and wanted to do zoology hence the preliminary year😃😀 has anyone got timetables yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koomykym)
    I am also doing zoology with preliminary year!! Can't wait!! So nice to meet people on the same path. I did a diploma in something completely unrelated, went travelling, came back and wanted to do zoology hence the preliminary year��������� ¿½ï¿½ï¿½ has anyone got timetables yet?
    Hi! Nice to meet you

I'd have thought we get timetables when we arrive, after we've chosen our optional modules - but I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh cool. I didn't have 2 sciences at A2, just biology (took physics at AS but dropped it), and if I'd known I wanted to do zoology I'd have taken psychology, cos it counts as a science.

I'm arriving on the 17th, how about you? Yeah you're right, not long now!

I'm arriving on the 17th too, just booked my ferry! just trying to get some things organised, there is stuff everywhere. Not sure it is all going to fit in the car.

Enrolled online yesterday, if you have not done so yet, you can see which modules you have to do and look at the options, just can't select them yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koomykym)
    I am also doing zoology with preliminary year!! Can't wait!! So nice to meee on the same path. I did a diploma in something completely unrelated, went travelling, came back and wanted to do zoology hence the preliminary yearï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï ¿½ï¿½ï¿½ has anyone got timetables yet?
    Hello.
    Not had timetables yet, but you can look at the modules you can choose from when you do the online enrollment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tore8)
    I'm arriving on the 17th too, just booked my ferry! just trying to get some things organised, there is stuff everywhere. Not sure it is all going to fit in the car.

Enrolled online yesterday, if you have not done so yet, you can see which modules you have to do and look at the options, just can't select them yet.
    Oh yeah! I've just had a look, so much chemistry!

Well, there's a fair few core modules I'm not particularly looking forward to - oh well, will just have to see. Maybe after 2 years of not doing any chemistry or maths, I'll have magically stopped hating them

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah! I've just had a look, so much chemistry!

Well, there's a fair few core modules I'm not particularly looking forward to - oh well, will just have to see. Maybe after 2 years of not doing any chemistry or maths, I'll have magically stopped hating them
    Oh you hate chem and maths too? Maybe we can make some sort of club for this haha. Nice to know I'm not the only one!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.