The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's so sweet you want your bf to risk diabetes, heart disease and cancer just for you, bless.
Original post by shiggydiggy
Yeah that's overweight. You might say he is healthy but ultimately he is carrying too much weight.

In my experience, girlfriends always want to hold their boyfriends back from improving themselves. It usually stems from some deep seated fear that they will become out of their league and dump them.

Why is the issue with the girl here? She obviously likes her boyfriends body and is attracted to it. So obviously him changing it would be annoying.

By the same principle if a girl shaved off all her hair I would understand her boyfriend being annoyed by it.
Original post by shiggydiggy
Oh don't you start.

I just asked a question, ****ing hell
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

It's NOT about what the selfish OP wants. Who gives a flying **** about what she's attracted to. The most important thing here is said bf loses weight and becomes healthy. Obese people are a burden to the taxpayer and to society. And so are people who directly support being obese.

Bunch of left wing morons ITT
Why is the issue with the girl here? She obviously likes her boyfriends body and is attracted to it. So obviously him changing it would be annoying.

By the same principle if a girl shaved off all her hair I would understand her boyfriend being annoyed by it.

Thank you!!

Since I've put "15 stone" everyone seems so "that's so overweight".

Thing is, he has a lot of muscle on him too.

He's about the size of the guy at the front... It's cute. Yet he thinks he's too fat and should get a six pack. I don't want that!

Kind of irrelevant in this case and those examples don't really mix.
Sure, physically he will be different but he will be the same person at the end of the day and will be happier and healthier.

Obesity in the early 20s as well as poor diet has been linked (but so far not proven), to impact male health 20 years down the line as well as decrease fertility.

You can't seriously be comparing something as silly as cutting your hair short/off for a girl to being obese for a guy, right?!
I know he's a few inches taller than me but, 6 inches taller than me and 4.5 stone heavier doesn't add up, 1-1.5 stone max for a healthy weight, the extra 2-3 stone is only bad for him...

True, it can be a nuisance but, it will only be better for him overall and, trust me, a slow weight loss, you will likely hardly notice it...
This will take around 12 months to lose 2-3 stone at a healthy rate of weight loss.

EDIT:
Miscalculation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Sure, physically he will be different but he will be the same person at the end of the day and will be happier and healthier.

Obesity in the early 20s as well as poor diet has been linked (but so far not proven), to impact male health 20 years down the line as well as decrease fertility.

You can't seriously be comparing something as silly as cutting your hair short/off for a girl to being obese for a guy, right?!
I know he's a few inches taller than me but, 6 inches taller than me and 4.5 stone heavier doesn't add up, 1-1.5 stone max for a healthy weight, the extra 2-3 stone is only bad for him...

True, it can be a nuisance but, it will only be better for him overall and, trust me, a slow weight loss, you will likely hardly notice it...
This will take around 4-5 months to lose 2-3 stone at a healthy rate of weight loss.

Look at the post above your latest.
Original post by natasherrrrr93
Thank you!!

Since I've put "15 stone" everyone seems so "that's so overweight".

Thing is, he has a lot of muscle on him too.

He's about the size of the guy at the front... It's cute. Yet he thinks he's too fat and should get a six pack. I don't want that!

This sites full of guys obsessed with being "ripped" so most of the answers you're going to get are from them.

I don't like six packs either unless they're very light.

This will take around 4-5 months to lose 2-3 stone at a healthy rate of weight loss.

Except he's also muscular so he isn't just fat.
What's his target weight then?
Don't tell him he's like a cuddly teddy bear! Men really don't like that!
What's his target weight then?

He wants to go from looking like the guy in that pic, to a six pack. So skinny/six pack and muscle.

He is not overweight and I like his little belly how it is. That's all. It's just when people hear "15 stone" they think more rolls than Greggs. He's fit, he has muscle. He's not even fat. I like the softness and I'd really like him to keep it. I don't want him to get down over thinking he's "too fat" for me.
He wants to go from looking like the guy in that pic, to a six pack. So skinny/six pack and muscle.

He is not overweight and I like his little belly how it is. That's all. It's just when people hear "15 stone" they think more rolls than Greggs. He's fit, he has muscle. He's not even fat. I like the softness and I'd really like him to keep it. I don't want him to get down over thinking he's "too fat" for me.

How is the guy in the front of the pic considered "skinny" by any standard?!
Let him get ripped. It's the only way to make it.
We're all gonna make it.
How is the guy in the front of the pic considered "skinny" by any standard?!

My boyfriend's body looks like his. It's definitely not fat?!
My boyfriend's body looks like his. It's definitely not fat?!

Not fat, no, but certainly not skinny.
That's well built by my standard. :eek:
Not fat, no, but certainly not skinny.
That's well built by my standard. :eek:

Exactly. He thinks he's fat and wants a six pack.

It's squeezable and it's cuddly and it's cute. I don't want him to lose it!
Unless he's a professional athlete then being technically overweight (in terms of BMI) regardless of how much muscle or fat contributes to that, is unhealthy. Especially if he has a lot of visceral fat.

Sumo wrestlers have more muscle mass than bodybuilders and they tend to get lots of health problems.
Make it clear that you like him the way he is, but he may be loosing weight to feel more comfortable inside his own body.
No it doesn’t, muscle weighs more than fat.
Locking this, it is over 3 years old this thread

Latest

Trending

Trending