Turn on thread page Beta

how do you motorcyclists cope in cold/rainy conditions? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to get a 125 geared bike.. but im wondering how will I ride when its pissing down with rain? won't the rain mess with the bikes electrics? I rode a 50cc years back when I was 16.. I ruined it withing 6 months so missed experiencing winter conditions. Its more the rain than ice I'm concerned about tbh, how will you see out your helmets visor?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the road will be slippier, especially on leaves and manhole covers and if there is oil on the road. Other than that, waterproofs. If you have an old shape sv650 you may need to add protection to the front spark plug in really heavy rain. With your visor you just get gloves with a wiper or just smear your hand across, some say mr sheen helps but this can affect your visor coatings. Shouldn't affect electrics or engine. You just have to go a bit slower in really really heavy rain on big roads due to standing water and reduced visability same with a car

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much exactly what above poster said. When it rains you become your own windscreen wiper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishfulDesire)
    Pretty much exactly what above poster said. When it rains you become your own windscreen wiper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess the cons out weigh the pros

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waka Flocka)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No way! Bikes are waaay more fun to drive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waka Flocka)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Getting wet vs sitting in traffic on the m25 for hours. I know which i pick!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    When you get so wet, you get to this point where it actually becomes fun :yep:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Ice and snow - don't bother. Too dangerous and not at all fun. Get a bus.

Rain however is absolutely fine. Get geared up with full waterproofs + windproofs and you'll hardly notice it, apart from needing to wipe your visor every so often.

The wind is often the worse menace, especially on a small bike.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 18, 2014
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.