Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so this is what basically happened to me.

on results day i got a B,C,D. in law,buss,and maths(gona retake maths). they ended up telling me that i cant do A2 law because my law teacher left and i must fast track 1 subject to learn with my maths and buss, i looked at all my options and chose eco because 2 years ago i done AS eco ocr(got an E) i chose eco because it was my best option out of all my choices. i tried changing 6 forms to do law but didnt work out because they were either to far or did not have to combination i wanted.

So my question is, is A2 and AS Eco connected and are they possible to learn at the same time, because i am a bit worried that when im being taught A2 eco i may not be able to understand it because it was taught at AS

ReputationRep:
    Considering your previous grade on both Economics and Business Studies you are likely to struggle. I am assuming it is not a 1 year course but you are just moved to an A2 group?

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, as long as you start revising from now. Start revising all the chapters that your weak in. I'm doing the same. I did really good in unit 2 and badly in unit 1 (Economics).

ReputationRep:
    Economics is harder than it looks it you don't get taught the exam technique fully. Unit 1 seems easier but I did better on unit 2 as it's more interesting. I wanted to take up a full A2 over a year but my tutor advised against it as it's likely to make your other grades lower as it's a big workload, especially with retakes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.