Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Howdy! Furness College JCR here. We're the student exec committee that run the majority of the college events and do our best to look after you all during the best 3 or 4 years of your life.

If you're in Furness, make sure you get connected so we can stay in touch!
    Facebook Freshers Page - /FurnessFreshers2014
    Facebook page - /FurnessCollege
    Twitter - @FurnessCollege
    Snapchat - /FurnessCollege

Any questions at all about our college or the uni in general, this is the place to ask! Much love xx
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    (Original post by FurnessCollege)
    Howdy! Furness College JCR here. We're the student exec committee that run the majority of the college events and do our best to look after you all during the best 3 or 4 years of your life.

If you're in Furness, make sure you get connected so we can stay in touch!
    Facebook Freshers Page - /FurnessFreshers2014
    Facebook page - /FurnessCollege
    Twitter - @FurnessCollege
    Snapchat - /FurnessCollege

Any questions at all about our college or the uni in general, this is the place to ask! Much love xx
    Hi Furness college great to see you getting involved. You may want to help answer fresher's questions in some of the threads at the top of this forum, particularly firmers 2014 and the accommodation thread.

ReputationRep:
    In Furness standard accommodation, how many people share a bathroom? The website is a bit vague...

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, look forward to seeing you on 27th Sept!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9markiii)
    Hi Furness college great to see you getting involved. You may want to help answer fresher's questions in some of the threads at the top of this forum, particularly firmers 2014 and the accommodation thread.
    Thanks, we'll take a look

(Original post by KTA95)
    In Furness standard accommodation, how many people share a bathroom? The website is a bit vague...
    Generally each flat has 5 people that share a toilet and a shower, however there are the odd exceptions, as there are some flats of 6 and some of 4, but the vast majority are 5.

(Original post by lgfbrown)
    Hi there, look forward to seeing you on 27th Sept!!
    And you! So excited!

ReputationRep:
    Hi. In Furness college standard accommodation can some one tell me how far the nearest power point is from the shelf at the end of the bed please? My alarm clock/radio and runs off the mains and I can't see any power sockets in the accommodation video's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fadster217)
    Hi. In Furness college standard accommodation can some one tell me how far the nearest power point is from the shelf at the end of the bed please? My alarm clock/radio and runs off the mains and I can't see any power sockets in the accommodation video's.
    I had that problem when I moved in! All the sockets are at the far end of the room, under the window so when I moved in I made an emergency trip to Wilkos to purchase a 5m extention lead which did the job nicely

ReputationRep:
    Only 7 replies? well 8 now. Common Furness collage we can do better. So who's doing what course? I'm doing theoretical physics with pure mathematics (M.Si 4 years)

ReputationRep:
    IT for Creative industries
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Giorgi)
    Only 7 replies? well 8 now. Common Furness collage we can do better. So who's doing what course? I'm doing theoretical physics with pure mathematics (M.Si 4 years)
    I'm a Furnessian going into my fourth year studying theoretical physics. I hope to meet you either in freshers week through furness events (I'm going to be a kitchen rep) or at some point through physics. There is a physics society that is a great way to get to know other people in the department.

Nick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9markiii)
    I'm a Furnessian going into my fourth year studying theoretical physics. I hope to meet you either in freshers week through furness events (I'm going to be a kitchen rep) or at some point through physics. There is a physics society that is a great way to get to know other people in the department.

Nick
    I'll make sure to see you Nick, especially taking in account I'm not that great off a cook.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.