nevergiveupnow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've just received my AS level results and achieved BBC. I'm studying politics, philosophy, history. I'm thinking of retaking one history and philosophy exam in order to get a higher grade. I will probably be predicted AAB or ABB. Do you think I will be in with a chance when applying for courses of AAB-ABB level. I will also apply for some lower requirements.

Politics unit 1 UMS= 70 B
Politics unit 2 UMS=87 A

Philosophy unit1 UMS= 75 B
Philosophy unit 2 UMS= 50 D

History unit 1 UMS= 64 C
History unit 2 UMS= 84 A
Tolstoy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it would be worth it, but only apply for one.

By that I mean, you should play this strategically. For your five choices, apply for one at AAB, two for ABB, and the other two for lower than that, to guarantee yourself a place. Then, you can firm the highest offer, and keep one as an insurance.
nevergiveupnow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm thinking of law because I dint think any other arts subjects have the ability to get me into a decent job. I'm thinking of two AAB universities, but I understand your thinking. Btw do you think with two retakes I could do really well?
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Moved to A levels
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nevergiveupnow)
I've just received my AS level results and achieved BBC. I'm studying politics, philosophy, history. I'm thinking of retaking one history and philosophy exam in order to get a higher grade. I will probably be predicted AAB or ABB. Do you think I will be in with a chance when applying for courses of AAB-ABB level. I will also apply for some lower requirements.

Politics unit 1 UMS= 70 B
Politics unit 2 UMS=87 A

Philosophy unit1 UMS= 75 B
Philosophy unit 2 UMS= 50 D

History unit 1 UMS= 64 C
History unit 2 UMS= 84 A
You are worth a lot more than the grades you got on a piece of paper so please dont let those grades decide your fate. Also there are other options for example Btecs so its not completely the end of the world if you dont get the grades. You did the best that you could and if you have not i guess you have learnt your lesson that its though out there so be prepared...Remember life does not go in a straight line so dont stress of over exam results...as it is not all about going to Cambridge or oxford-you dont have to go there to make something good out of your life so do what suits you.

Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Edit: It is not all about a piece of paper with your name on it.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/user/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (109)
28.09%
No (279)
71.91%

Watched Threads