The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
Well, at an actress' rented house because the other one is being renovated :tongue:

Cool, how come you know an actress? Is she world- famous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Melissa.J.Parkes
Cool, how come you know an actress? Is she world- famous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because she's a client of my mum :tongue: Well she's been in various films and TV shows in lead roles opposite some very well known people, though I've only seen her in a drama that was on BBC1 at some point.
Original post by Vionar
Because she's a client of my mum :tongue: Well she's been in various films and TV shows in lead roles opposite some very well known people, though I've only seen her in a drama that was on BBC1 at some point.

That's interesting...
I know that you are unable to name the actress due to client confidentiality, although may I ask what job your mum has acquired?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's interesting...
I know that you are unable to name the actress due to client confidentiality, although may I ask what job your mum has acquired?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She does various complimentary therapies, though mainly reflexology :smile:
Original post by Vionar
She does various complimentary therapies, though mainly reflexology :smile:

That's sounds intriguing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's sounds intriguing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is indeed.
Original post by Vionar
It is indeed.

I agree, I'm Melissa (my names self explanatory by my account name) by the way, I apologise for not introducing myself. What career are you interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree, I'm Melissa (my names self explanatory by my account name) by the way, I apologise for not introducing myself. What career are you interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I kind of guessed that :tongue:
No idea yet, which is a bit annoying :frown:
Original post by Vionar
Yeah, I kind of guessed that :tongue:
No idea yet, which is a bit annoying :frown:

Most people guess anyway aha!

You have plenty of time to decide anyway. I have two clear career paths in mind, but I'm indecisive between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most people guess anyway aha!

You have plenty of time to decide anyway. I have two clear career paths in mind, but I'm indecisive between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so, though I'll have to decide what I want to do at uni relatively soon :frown:
Which are they?
Original post by Vionar
I guess so, though I'll have to decide what I want to do at uni relatively soon :frown:
Which are they?

What year are you going in?

My two career paths are Investment Banking or Corporate Law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vionar
I know, I'm still putting it off :mmm: I am indeed, which may have been a mistake :eek:

:naughty:
You're regretting your a level choice? :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Bonjour!
Long time no see :biggrin: I've not been on here in quite a few weeks

P.S. loving the chosen name of the year 10 thread- very jazzy
Original post by Mr...
I'm back. :hugs:

Hola! :jumphug:

Look at the edit on the OP. I had trawl through 25 pages of posts for that! O_o

Original post by meemily
Bonjour!
Long time no see :biggrin: I've not been on here in quite a few weeks

P.S. loving the chosen name of the year 10 thread- very jazzy

Ah hello and thanks! :colondollar: How are you?

I've just edited the OP to put in "Meet the Year 10s", would you like to be in it?
Edited OP. Hope you guys like it! If you don't want to be on the post tell me (Quote or PM etc.) :biggrin: xx
Original post by sailorcat
Hi im sailorcat! Im also turning 15 in october (11th)

The subjects i chose are:
Art
Sociology (Which im sososososo excited for that ive started to revise from now for it)
ICT
Child development

When im doing A levels im hoping to do:
Art
Psychology
Sociology
Math
Astronomy (is that a subject or?)

Welllll i love japan, its culture and such, i read manga/watch anime and watch japanese dramas as well using chopsticks to eat and eating japanese sweets. I also draw manga, hoping to create my own book with a plotline of a manga ive always wanted to have but never existed. I also write spoken word poems about social justice, human rights, feminism. I love taking pictures i guess??
Oh cats! I have one and i love her to deathhh. I also wear hijab! Im volunteering at the library right now. I want world peace even though its going to be pretty hard to achieve. Im also interested in space, and the planets and moon and such.

Im actually pretty excited for year ten
Im aiming to study a lot? (WANT THOSE A'S!!!) and because we get to do classes we wanna do its pretty awesome! Im just excited for the whole thing in general i just cant wait to go back because this summer is dragging on and is very boring. I go back in 16 days :smile:
My favourite smiley is probably :confused:
Sailorcat
x

Hi Sailorcat! You sound very arty! Welcome to the thread.

October baby too? Hi-five! Join us 'oldies' :colone:

I will look out for other manga lovers and quote you together! There is a manga and anime society you can join, here's the link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=31

I'm volunteering at a charity shop at the moment. How is your volunteering going?

I'm excited for Year 10 too! :biggrin:

Welcome again! x
Original post by Fatimah21
Hey everyone! I'm Fatimah21 and i'm 14 turning 15 in october!

Apart from my compulsory subjects, i'm doing:
Triple science
Computer science
Spanish
And history

I don't know what to do after year 11, probably sixth form but i'm considering college....

I often procrastinate and laze around but i'm gonna make sure that changes this year :boring::bebored:

I'm excited for year 10 (Is that weird? :colondollar:)

:happy2::headfire::groovy:

Hi Fatimah! You're an October baby too? Yay!

We have a lot of people taking history so if you have a Q just give a shout out. I'm sure it will be fine. :h:

Same here with procrastination and I'm going to try my best not to... this year especially! You're not weird, I'm excited too!

Welcome to the thread! :hugs:

Original post by Vionar

Well hurry up! :redface:

Sorry for not replying, I was away eating soup at an actress' house while chatting to her and her parents :tongue:

I... can't think of one. My mind is blank :frown:

Oooh... Very interesting indeed. :colone:
Original post by Mr...
:congrats: much appreciated Kacey! :biggrin:

You're welcome! ^_^

It's so weird how people are calling me Kacey... and I respond to it. :tongue:
Original post by Mr...
Your name could be Consuela for wall we know :ninja:

*all... and I can guarantee you that it's not. :wink:
Original post by Mr...
Hey sailorcat welcome to :TSR: :biggrin:
I'm Mr...
You sound obsessed with manga :yep: how did you get into it?

Welcome back Fatimah :wink: :perv:

Nope it isn't wired to be excited for Y10, in fact I just got home from stationary shopping :yep:

Haha Awesome!! :dancing2:
I still need to get mines and they all look so good! :eek4:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
I will be first :colone:
Hello! Nice subject choices! I know a few people doing sociology and the course outline in our booklets looked interesting. Astronomy is a subject, I'm not sure if it's an A Level but I doubt many schools would offer it.
You like anime? Ooh, which ones have you watched and what's your favourite genre? Wish I could write poetry :frown: I tried once but it was horrible and I'm not going to try again, I don't think.
Aim for A*s :wink: we're all aiming for the highest grades! I go back in exactly two weeks ohnoohnoohnooo

Really I hope so!
I love alllll anime but its a little embarrassing what my favourite genre is and pretty difficult to choose but romance eee dont judge me!
I've watched MANY too many but today i finished toradora which i loved!
Sailormoon was my first anime/manga and one of my top favourites! Do you prefer to watch subs or dubs? (I PREFER SUBS!!!!) I didnt say im good at writing poetry loool, i dont show anyone tooooo shy, BUT i love performing them. Heyyy nothing gets better without practice right? just keep doing it and you'll get there :smile: what do you mean ohohohohohohnooooooooooo im so excited to do something everyday even though its a load of stress but we all gotta face it someday huh? :redface:
sailorcat
x

Latest