The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr...
I checked it over, thrice :teehee:

Well thanks for ruining my fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PaulHugh
I find Rayleigh Scattering very interesting, I once misinterpreted the colour Mars's sky to be as consequence of Rayleigh Scattering, though it is in fact due to the magnetite levels in the dust.

That is what I meant :biggrin:

Haha.

I sent you an inbox with a link to the Nottingham university Molecular Physics course content. :smile:
Original post by Vionar
I really hope so, now I have to wait for five hours and thirty four minutes :tongue:

Eyeball, that's a strange one :tongue:

You haven't seen me hide or seek :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was about 14 hours ago? You're alive so... :top:

Too bad it's here to stay. :tongue:

Nor have you seen me. :colonhash:
Original post by Vionar
9 A*s, 1 A, and a C
Plus French which I haven't actually got a grade for, though I've phoned my school and emailed them :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

See... Eyeball... :rolleyes:

You did really well!! Congrats :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chemister
Haha.

I sent you an inbox with a link to the Nottingham university Molecular Physics course content. :smile:

I'll reply after I've looked through the cobtent :biggrin:
Original post by tabithacrazy
I'm not sure yet about DofE, we start in September but I think for volunteering I'm probably going to volunteer either at a local nursing home or at church :smile: one day I would love to learn either violin or cello!!!

I volunteered at church to help 7-11 year olds. A lot of them were taller than me:colondollar:! The violin can be very squeaky. :tongue:I love the cello, it has a rich, warm tone!

Do you know what you want to do when you're older? :smile:
Original post by Bullscheiße
I must be one of the only people who hasn't watched Game of Thrones...
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. I havem't and I probably won't! :tongue:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Ooh holiday? Where to?
Stuff me in your suitcase, please :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will PM you back :redface:

I wish I could but I'm already here! :tongue:
We all got put onto random pathways, which dictated the subjects we could choose. The 'top' pathway which most of the more able students were on, gave us less choices and we had a smaller number of options.

To be honest, I would have chosen the same subjects, but some of my friends wouldn't so the school should have given us the choice to study things like Health and Social Care etc.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay. :/ That does sound pretty annoying. I'm sure it will be find though ^_^
Original post by PaulHugh
My new headphones have arrived

Ooh, how are they?! :biggrin:
Original post by Elliwhi
oh gosh HAI.

I'm Elliwhi or just Elli. 15 in April wahey. I play piano and clarinet and do a lot of athletics (yay long jump and hurdles). In less than 2 weeks I'm taking these subjects: Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Triple Science) IGCSE, French, Music, Latin and History.

No I'm not being a doctor however I might go into finance or music. I'm really stuck at what to do as a career.

I've just sat my Russian GCSE (bc I'm actually Russian) and got A* in all the units :biggrin: Really happy with that! ^_^

Hi Elli! Would you like me to put this on the OP in the 'Meet the Year 10s' section as well? :redface:
Original post by Elliwhi
England aren't the best at athletics D:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Okayish at Olympics and pretty good at Commonwealth though :tongue:
Hi! I haven't seen you in about a year! :tongue:
Original post by Mr...
Welcome back... It is odd as karmacrunch just left for her holiday :teehee:

:jumphug:
Original post by DaisyTwilight
Thank you! And that's sad, I'll miss her :frown:

Hi! Replying to quotes how are you? Missed you while you were gone! :tongue:

:hugs:
Original post by Elliwhi
Oh yes - I do long hump and hurdles :smile: Russia all the way ^_^
Posted from TSR Mobile

*long jump :mmm:

I did hurdles this year.... So scary! O_o

Original post by ChoccyMelody
Got an A* in core science!! I'm absolutely ecstatic! :biggrin:

Congratulations!! I haven't spoken to you in ages! :ahee:
We don't get to do German at my school :frown: they stopped it the year before I started there in year 7

Hi! I haven't seen you but welcome to :tsr:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The GCSE pass rate has fallen again :/
Original post by karmacrunch
Nope. I havem't and I probably won't! :tongue:

I will PM you back :redface:

I wish I could but I'm already here! :tongue:

Ah okay. :/ That does sound pretty annoying. I'm sure it will be find though ^_^

Ooh, how are they?! :biggrin:

Hi Elli! Would you like me to put this on the OP in the 'Meet the Year 10s' section as well? :redface:

Okayish at Olympics and pretty good at Commonwealth though :tongue:
Hi! I haven't seen you in about a year! :tongue:

Hi! Replying to quotes how are you? Missed you while you were gone! :tongue:

:hugs:

*long jump :mmm:

I did hurdles this year.... So scary! O_o

Congratulations!! I haven't spoken to you in ages! :ahee:

Hi! I haven't seen you but welcome to :tsr:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooooh where is the meet the Y10s section? :smile:)))

Posted from TSR Mobile
The GCSE pass rate has fallen again :/

To be honest, it's a good thing because people might start taking GCSEs seriously instead of knowing they can easily get a top grade without effort...
Hi, my name is Tabitha :smile: I'm new to TSR so I've requested to join your group :smile:

I'm going to be studying: English language, English literature, maths, triple science, french, music, re and geography! I will also be doing duke of Edinburgh :smile:

After year 11 I plan on going to college and I want to become a doctor in the future.

I play the piano and I'm also an explorer scout!

What do explorer scouts do?
Original post by Mr...
11.7 (:smile:) What about you?!

Aha like 14.9 XDXDXD My time for 80m hurdles is way better though - obviously ;D (14.0). I consider myself much better at long jump. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChoccyMelody
I volunteered at church to help 7-11 year olds. A lot of them were taller than me:colondollar:! The violin can be very squeaky. :tongue:I love the cello, it has a rich, warm tone!

Do you know what you want to do when you're older? :smile:

My mum is a teacher and most of the kids in her class are taller than me! It's so frustrating when ten year olds point out how much taller they are compared to you!

When I'm older I want to be a doctor :smile: what about you?
Hi, my name is Tabitha :smile: I'm new to TSR so I've requested to join your group :smile:

I'm going to be studying: English language, English literature, maths, triple science, french, music, re and geography! I will also be doing duke of Edinburgh :smile:

After year 11 I plan on going to college and I want to become a doctor in the future.

I play the piano and I'm also an explorer scout!

I'm an Explorer Scout too! How long have you been in scouts? :biggrin:

Also, would you like me to put this in the OP? I've accepted you request as well. :redface:
Original post by Elliwhi
Oooooh where is the meet the Y10s section? :smile:)))
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's on my OP :tongue:
Original post by Mr...

Bonjour JanJan.... Ça va? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do explorer scouts do?

It's so much fun! Explorer scouts do loads of stuff! We have survival skills nights, games nights, pioneering, cooking, kayaking and other stuff! It's great because you get to plan what you do and it's nice to just chill out and have a laugh! I would definitely recommend joining :smile: it's for anyone aged 14-18
Original post by Mr...
I pride myself on my athletics :smile:
I love it so much :wink:
What is you PB of long jump then?

Around 4.40m. Yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an Explorer Scout too! How long have you been in scouts? :biggrin:

Also, would you like me to put this in the OP? I've accepted you request as well. :redface:

It's on my OP :tongue:

Bonjour JanJan.... Ça va? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't been in scouts that long (although I wish I had)! I used to go to guides but that got a bit boring to be honest so I decided to try explorers and I am loving it :smile:
I haven't been in scouts that long (although I wish I had)! I used to go to guides but that got a bit boring to be honest so I decided to try explorers and I am loving it :smile:

That's great! I've been Scouting since Beavers but it is good though! I'm happier that I'm Scouts rather than Guides. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest, it's a good thing because people might start taking GCSEs seriously instead of knowing they can easily get a top grade without effort...

I hope so, there's only so much teachers can do.

I have the privilege of being homeschooled, so there's no distraction or peer pressure.

I don't have as many tutoring hours as a school kid, for me it is about 14 hours a week and so a lot of the time I have to self-teach in order to keep up to scratch.
I hope so, there's only so much teachers can do.

I have the privilege of being homeschooled, so there's no distraction or peer pressure.

I don't have as many tutoring hours as a school kid, for me it is about 14 hours a week and so a lot of the time I have to self-teach in order to keep up to scratch.

So you only get taught for about 3 hours per day?
That's great! I've been Scouting since Beavers but it is good though! I'm happier that I'm Scouts rather than Guides. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't get me wrong, guides was great and I have so many friends that I wouldn't have if I hadn't have gone to Guides but I am enjoying scouts so much more!!

Latest