The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PaulHugh
How are you with geometry?

I'm OK.

I understand some Eucilidean Geometry concepts.
Polka Dot Chinos. Yes or no?
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
Polka Dot Chinos. Yes or no?

No, are they white with black dots?
Original post by Grimbo
Hey! I just watched the new Dr. Who episode earlier today and though it was actually pretty good. It'll probably take me a while to get used to Peter Capaldi though, as I had grown quite fond of Matt Smith. But then again it took me awhile to get used to Matt Smith.

It always takes a while to get used to a new doctor, although I must admit that while I did quite like Matt Smith, he was never one of my favourite doctors :smile:
Original post by usycool1
At A-Level Further Maths? I can't speak for IGCSE/GCSE Further Maths/the FSMQ as I haven't done them but in FP1, you basically cover very basic stuff to do with Matrices in FP1 (2x2 ones mainly, adding them, subtracting, multiplying, transforming stuff etc.) and then in FP3, it gets a bit harder but quite fun (eigenvectors, harder transformations, orthogonal matrices, diagonalisation... :love:). :smile:

Yea, there are matrices in GCSE Further Maths. Multiplication, adding, subtracting and rotation of points using them.
Just got an A^ in GCSE FM

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, are they white with black dots?

Yup why not? I think they're mega cute
Original post by Millylyiris
Hi, I'm milly from South Wales and I'm 14 (15 in March)

Setting aside the compulsory subjects, I have chosen to take drama, French, history and graphics. But I have to take maths, english language and literature, P.E, welsh, R.E (long course), and core science

I'm always thinking of what I want to do at a level and it constantly changes but for now I'd like to do english literature, and business studies for sure but I'm still unsure on media studies and French. As for university I have it all planned out haha! I absolutely know I want to study english literature in London.

My hobbies and interest include reading (obsessively hehe), writing, hiking, pretty notebooks, yoga, plants, cleaning (it's therapeutic ok), making things, and complaining about not being able to play an instrument or having the capability to do any sport.

I'm feeling so excited to go back as nerdy as that sounds! But, honestly, I love school and having goals to work towards in education.

Have a good school year, everyone! Yaaaay (lord, I sound like an over-enthusiastic teacher on the first day)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry if this reply is a bit late, but welcome to TSR!
My name is Melissa (my nickname is Milly or Mel) and I'm 15 in March too!

English Literature at University sounds interesting, I would love to study Law at a top London University (Oxford, KCL, LSE, UCL).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Oxford isn't a London University :teehee:

Hahahahahahahaha :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: What a fail lol
Original post by Mr...

Geography PHD candidate here :tongue:
Original post by adityac3688
Hahahahahahahaha :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: What a fail lol

You evil...
Oh my gawwwd. Oxford XD
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
Yup why not? I think they're mega cute

Ridiculous in my opinion, especially if you're a guy, but go ahead if you want :laugh:
Ridiculous in my opinion, especially if you're a guy, but go ahead if you want :laugh:

She/he should dress as they want regardless of what people think.

You only live once.
Original post by Chemister
She/he should dress as they want regardless of what people think.

You only live once.

That's right and so my opinion should not mean anything to smiggle.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
What??

I didn't know Oxford was a top London university :redface:
Original post by Mr...
What??

It's a city in England, Dr...
I thought Oxford was a city and not a university.

Wikipedia states that the university is called Oxford university and not Oxford :P
Original post by Chemister
I thought Oxford was a city and not a university.

Wikipedia states that the university is called Oxford university and not Oxford :P

That is correct, however Oxford university is colloquially referred to as Oxford :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
I know... I live in London :rolleyes:

Is it just me, or are most of us on this thread from London?
Original post by Mr...

I knew that but couldn't be bothered to change it aha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest