The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Hi, I made an account just to share my story. I have been following this forum for a while and losing hope every day that went by, seeing that the vast majority of TSR users had an offer. Thinking there were no offers left, I accepted that at least the torturous wait had softened the blow for the rejection to come and was already planning on getting more work experience to improve my application for next year. Today, I got an e-mail asking me to apply for a DBS check and congratulating me on my offer. As I had heard nothing from Warwick since my interview (despite constant monitoring of my email the past two weeks), I phoned the admissions office straight away who confirmed I had an offer sent out to me three days ago. I later found the offer in my spam, Monday 13th 13:00. So for those who think they haven’t heard yet, please remember to check your spam! Good luck and all the best.
come on warwick please get back to me!

did anyone else hear anything today?
Original post by mifa
Hi, I made an account just to share my story. I have been following this forum for a while and losing hope every day that went by, seeing that the vast majority of TSR users had an offer. Thinking there were no offers left, I accepted that at least the torturous wait had softened the blow for the rejection to come and was already planning on getting more work experience to improve my application for next year. Today, I got an e-mail asking me to apply for a DBS check and congratulating me on my offer. As I had heard nothing from Warwick since my interview (despite constant monitoring of my email the past two weeks), I phoned the admissions office straight away who confirmed I had an offer sent out to me three days ago. I later found the offer in my spam, Monday 13th 13:00. So for those who think they haven’t heard yet, please remember to check your spam! Good luck and all the best.

Just when the waiting couldn't get any crueller :P But congratulations, have you joined the Facebook group? :smile:
Original post by MJK91
Looks at though we could potentially have a very good, food-orientated group here!

Hey guys its all right, I make pizza, gnocchi, pasta, you name it and i got it :P
We can cook italian food in batches over the weekend!

The perks of being Italian :tongue:
Reply 1344
Heya guys

Who has filled out student finance yet ?

Could somebody help me in regards to the section on :

Are you eligible for a bursary, excluding social work bursary, in academic year 2015/16, from any of the following?

National Health Service
Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (Northern Ireland)
Student Awards Agency for Scotland

Do we click no for this but yes next year ???
Original post by H-W-T
Heya guys

Who has filled out student finance yet ?

Could somebody help me in regards to the section on :

Are you eligible for a bursary, excluding social work bursary, in academic year 2015/16, from any of the following?

National Health Service
Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (Northern Ireland)
Student Awards Agency for Scotland

Do we click no for this but yes next year ???

Yup, its a no in first year.
Office closes in 5 minutes. Still heard nothing.

Damn.
I called up today and they said they hadn't made a decision on me yet, didnt know whether this was a good or bad thing >.<
I rang up yesterday as well, the guy at admissions said that we would hear by the 7th May... Presumably we're on the dreaded waiting list, just another 3 three weeks to go :s-smilie:
Reply 1349
on the student finance application it says we can only apply for a ;

Maintenance Loan

up to £3,731
helps with living costs eg rent, bills and food
has to be paid back when you've left university or college

i thought we got 5000 something because of the extra weeks, does that change automatically?

i know the next section talks about extra loan but that seems dependent on household income and not extra weeks :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
The extra is the bit calculated on household income. If your parents/you earn below a certain amount you'll get the 5740. :smile:
Original post by LostInYourMusic
The extra is the bit calculated on household income. If your parents/you earn below a certain amount you'll get the 5740. :smile:

Do you know if any of the extra weeks allowance is non-means tested? My parents' income is over the threshold so just trying to work out what I'll get that's not means-tested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1352
Original post by buttoned.up
Do you know if any of the extra weeks allowance is non-means tested? My parents' income is over the threshold so just trying to work out what I'll get that's not means-tested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Student finance have a calculation they use if you're over the threshold. They essential calculate how much they expect your parents to contribute over the year, dependant on your parents income of course, and find the difference between that and the extra weeks allowance. If they estimate your parents income to be less than the allowance, you get the difference.

There's a PDF floating around detailing it. Can't find it, but I'm sure Google will.
Original post by SwarlesBarkley
I rang up yesterday as well, the guy at admissions said that we would hear by the 7th May... Presumably we're on the dreaded waiting list, just another 3 three weeks to go :s-smilie:

Really really really not looking forward to an email from Warwick now, just because I know that it will be a confirmation of my fear.

The illusion of being able to change my career, of going back to university, of spending four years training to be a junior doctor - I quite like to hold on to that.
Accepted my offer today so see you all in september! (didn't want to be too keen on the facebook group)
Just FYI I emailed admissions and got a reply back just confirming that no decision had yet been made on my application.
So I guess those of us still waiting are on the waiting list?
Original post by pyramid_song28
So I guess those of us still waiting are on the waiting list?

Waiting list or rejection, it's a tough wait I know. Ultimately (being as cruel as they are) they consider a 'rejection' to be a decision, so if you're waiting on a decision it could still be a rejection. Hopefully not, however!
I just accepted my offer from Barts - really hope one of you gets my Warwick place! Warwick just sent out an email this morning to offer holders asking everyone to reply to the offer, so hopefully that will push their decision making process!
Reply 1359
Rejection. 4 application cycles in a row and this was the closest I got to an offer - time to give up on this dream I guess.

Good luck to the rest of you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending