The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by rushsaysno
I'm thinking of applying to Warwick but I'm close to changing my mind after seeing Warwickd poor score on Guardians University Guide 😶. To all the offer holders here, what are your thoughts on Wareick being ranked 32/32 out of all of the medical schools in the UK?

i never trust the guardian table

look at the maths one this year lol... i guarantee you would not agree
, ridiculous way of rating unis

http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2015/may/25/university-league-tables-2016#S230
Is it still the rule that you have to use someone from your undergraduate degree as an academic reference on your UCAS form rather than someone from your current Masters degree?

I have looked at the current website and it doesn't mention this, but I know it was the case in the past that you had to use an undergraduate reference even if you were an MSc student.
Original post by Cravez
Is it still the rule that you have to use someone from your undergraduate degree as an academic reference on your UCAS form rather than someone from your current Masters degree?

I have looked at the current website and it doesn't mention this, but I know it was the case in the past that you had to use an undergraduate reference even if you were an MSc student.

My academic reference was from my MSc supervisor.
Reply 1423
Original post by H-W-T
i never trust the guardian table

look at the maths one this year lol... i guarantee you would not agree
, ridiculous way of rating unis

http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2015/may/25/university-league-tables-2016#S230

also its only there because they get no points for entry criteria

nothing to do with medical school its only cus its graduate entry
Hey guys,

don't know if any of you are still linked in on this page, but how's medicine going for those who got in? I'm currently waiting for news of interview for Warwick 2016 entry!

R
Original post by Richardjamesford
Hey guys,

don't know if any of you are still linked in on this page, but how's medicine going for those who got in? I'm currently waiting for news of interview for Warwick 2016 entry!

R

Hey, it's good, super busy and stressful but I didn't expect anything else!
We got the kidneys done in about three days...
Interviews will go out early December, before the 11th I think, seeing as we break up for Christmas then. I wouldn't worry until it's December!
Let me know if you got any specific questions :smile:
Hey 2015 applicants!

Was there anyone last year who got through round 1, submitted the work experience form with over 70 hours of experience and didn't get a place at selection centre?

Cheers
Original post by Ben4757
Hey 2015 applicants!

Was there anyone last year who got through round 1, submitted the work experience form with over 70 hours of experience and didn't get a place at selection centre?

Cheers

Last year the work experience forms went out with the invitation to interviews. Someone on another thread called and they told them that they have sent out more forms than they expect to give out offers for interview so that they can have a wait list for interview places with people whose forms have already been cleared. This is only the second year Warwick aren't running a joint selection centre with Barts so last year was definitely a trial run, and so I can't really assume anything will be the same as last year.
Original post by LostInYourMusic
Last year the work experience forms went out with the invitation to interviews. Someone on another thread called and they told them that they have sent out more forms than they expect to give out offers for interview so that they can have a wait list for interview places with people whose forms have already been cleared. This is only the second year Warwick aren't running a joint selection centre with Barts so last year was definitely a trial run, and so I can't really assume anything will be the same as last year.

Congrats on getting into medicine! did last years interview consist of 6 MMI stations? and did they have any group activities?
Best of luck in your degree
Original post by III-AMIR-III
Congrats on getting into medicine! did last years interview consist of 6 MMI stations? and did they have any group activities?
Best of luck in your degree

This page probably explains it best, and is probably more helpful as they may have changed the process for this year. (http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/med/study/ugr/applying/selectioncentre/)
Doesn't look like there's any group work yet, no. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending