Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I was wondering what does the average applicant get offered by Exeter as the website is very broad in stating a typical offer is A*AA- ABB but if you could post your offers below for English that would be a great help! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's a similar thread already been written about this, but basically I would say the average offer is A*AA unless there are other many factors.

ReputationRep:
    I was offered A*AA but they let me in with AAB this year! I think A*AA is typical but as to how many actually meet it I don't know

ReputationRep:
    Mine was AAB, needing an A to be Lit.

I was predicted well above the A*AA, so idk

I said this before in the other thread, but basically I think my offer was so low compared to the 'average' due to me being from a very poor area of the UK, with a family who do not have a history of going to uni/are poor/etc. I was pretty proud of my personal statement, and had some really good references from the teachers, so that could have impacted it too.

ReputationRep:
    My offer was AAA or equivalent. I got A*AB and got in

ReputationRep:
    My offer was AAA.

ReputationRep:
    *whispers* A*BC

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for A*A*A but was only predicted A*AA so hmm...

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for A*A*A and am predicted 4A*. I honestly don't know what Exeter are up to this year; I'd imagine they're going to be letting in a fair few people who missed their offers.

ReputationRep:
    I got an IB offer for 36 points which is quite unusual. I would have thought they would ask for 34 points like they did last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabezs)
    Mine was AAB, needing an A to be Lit.

I was predicted well above the A*AA, so idk

I said this before in the other thread, but basically I think my offer was so low compared to the 'average' due to me being from a very poor area of the UK, with a family who do not have a history of going to uni/are poor/etc. I was pretty proud of my personal statement, and had some really good references from the teachers, so that could have impacted it too.
    I got the AAB quite recently, despite being predicted A*AA, and I think the reason they gave me the lower offer was the same as you. Only about 10% of people where I live go in to higher education, and I worked really hard on my personal statement and got excellent references. I'd thought they only gave AAB offers if you filled out the extenuating circumstances form but I guess this counts too.

ReputationRep:
    Just been offered ABB with my predictions at AAB, for Cornwall course

ReputationRep:
    Exeter along with Bristol make contextual offers where school performance affects the offers given. Basically if a school is in the bottom 40% then they tend to make lower offers see school performance in the applying section

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.