Turn on thread page Beta

My Summer Task please help!!!! A-Level economics watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I have been assigned to write a 2000 word essay of my choice. However I am struggling to choose a topic to write about please can anyone suggest any ideas!? It needs to provide me with enough content to write 2000 words!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by pummym)
    Hiya I have been assigned to write a 2000 word essay of my choice. However I am struggling to choose a topic to write about please can anyone suggest any ideas!? It needs to provide me with enough content to write 2000 words!
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the Economics forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=884

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going into year 12 and I was asked to do 1500 words on 'Did the World Cup really benefit the Brazilian economy?' over the summer.

I see a few interesting essay from one particular economics blog I enjoy: 'Why premier league footballers SHOULD get £250000 a week', and 'Why £9000 a year is a fair price to pay for university education' are a few which come to mind. His arguments on both were in fact quite convincing.

But my point is to try and think out of the box... you can do anything! It's also quite a good skill (particularly if you're planning on doing the EPQ or the RES Essay comps). In fact, have a look at some of the past RES essay winners (since these are ALL 2000 words and are based on a seemingly short, closed question).

If you're interested, I'm thinking on doing my EPQ on relative poverty in the UK and hoping to really research the UK's relatively large inequalities of income / wealth and, what Paul Collier coined as 'poverty traps', particularly concerning education.

ReputationRep:
    Research articles on Economics Today or Economics Review.

ReputationRep:
    I had to do a report about the EU 1500 words!

ReputationRep:
    Should the UK give foreign aid in times of economic austerity?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your responses guys! My essay was about outsourcing and its effects on the UK Economy!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.