Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Medicine re-applicants retaking A-levels (A2)? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I ended up with AAB on results day (B in maths), missing my offer so I have decided to retake it and reapply again. I have zero motivation right now and i'm worried that I won't get an offer next time round. Is anyone else in the same situation? I don't know what to do anymore!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarBizarre)
    Hey guys,
    I ended up with AAB on results day (B in maths), missing my offer so I have decided to retake it and reapply again. I have zero motivation right now and i'm worried that I won't get an offer next time round. Is anyone else in the same situation? I don't know what to do anymore!:confused:

How many marks did you miss your offer by? It might be possible to get a priority re-mark. Phone your offer uni and ask them if they will still consider taking you if you only just missed the A, or if they will consider holding your place until the re-mark comes back. Talk to your teachers about this.

If you missed an A by a long way there are still other options. There are a few med schools who will accept resits - check the tsr medicine wiki for the table of med schools and their resit policies.

If all else fails there is still the option of gradate-entry medicine if you think you have the motivation to get a 1st in another degree and still apply for one of them - also the competition is markedly stiffer.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.