Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I was planning to buy myself a new (cheapish) roadish/urban bike to bring to uni (to save bringing my expensive mountain bike or falling apart bike), however one person who has just finished Warwick gave the advice saying that there is nothing really cycling distance, its either too far or too close. What is your opinion on this, would a bike be useful for cycling to supermarket/Coventry/generally around??

ReputationRep:
    If you like on central campus, not really. If you live in Sherbourne, Westwood, Lakeside, Heronbank then it might be useful. But there's a frequent shuttle bus that ferries you all over campus. I brought mine and used it a bit, but eventually the novelty wore off since I couldn't walk with friends or go with people.

It was only useful if I was late for something and had to get there fast. Plus, you then have to get rid of it at the end of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbsf1)
    Hey guys.

I was planning to buy myself a new (cheapish) roadish/urban bike to bring to uni (to save bringing my expensive mountain bike or falling apart bike), however one person who has just finished Warwick gave the advice saying that there is nothing really cycling distance, its either too far or too close. What is your opinion on this, would a bike be useful for cycling to supermarket/Coventry/generally around??
    A bike might be of some use for leisure activities or if you're going somewhere by train for the day, it would be helpful to get to Coventry/Canley station. On campus itself it's not much use, Cannon Park is close and easier to walk to if you're going shopping, and Leamington Spa isn't really practical by bike (roads are too busy).

ReputationRep:
    A bike is fairly useful on campus, especially if your lectures are a long way from your halls (e.g. Westwood/Sherbourne to Gibbet Hill or Rootes/Bluebell to Milburn House/Westwood campus). Also was found very useful by some of my friends to return from SU nights out to far-away halls without getting cold in the winter.

Would be very useful living in Canley/other parts of Coventry as campus is a good distance to cycle.

In Leamington, it wouldn't be much use as the town isn't big enough to require a bike, and campus is too far to regularly cycle to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.