Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I eat after late workout when I'm on cut? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm on cut. Should I eat something after a workout at 10pm?

If eat, does it make cutting harder?
    If not eat, will I lose muscle instead of fat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxy)
    I'm on cut. Should I eat something after a workout at 10pm?

If eat, does it make cutting harder?
    If not eat, will I lose muscle instead of fat?
    Yes, as long as you fit it into a good overall diet. By this I mean the whole "eating before you go to bed will make you fat" thing is just broscience, it's not true. It's also a good idea to eat because your body needs protein as it sleeps since that's when it is most anabolic. Therefore, reduce your calorie intake throughout the rest of the day and eat a good meal after your workout with plenty of protein, with carbs to replenish glycogen stores, and some healthy fats as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttankzhang)
    Yes, as long as you fit it into a good overall diet. By this I mean the whole "eating before you go to bed will make you fat" thing is just broscience, it's not true. It's also a good idea to eat because your body needs protein as it sleeps since that's when it is most anabolic. Therefore, reduce your calorie intake throughout the rest of the day and eat a good meal after your workout with plenty of protein, with carbs to replenish glycogen stores, and some healthy fats as well.
    Thank you so much! It explains all.

ReputationRep:
    If you eat, you'll die and explode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AIVARB)
    If you eat, you'll die and explode
    Let's try!

ReputationRep:
    meal timing is irrelevant, eat whenever so long as you're in a deficit you will lose weight, I eat all my meals in the afternoon/evening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    meal timing is irrelevant, eat whenever so long as you're in a deficit you will lose weight, I eat all my meals in the afternoon/evening
    Morning is more important though, for health and productivity reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxy)
    Morning is more important though, for health and productivity reason
    no it's not, read up on intermittent fasting, many people follow this and don't eat until late in the day and are fine and productive all day, do it for a couple weeks and you get used to it, it's literally all about preference.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yah what the guy above said, IF is tricky to start with but imo I can concentrate better in the morning instead of feeling sleepy, purely anecdotal but meh

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter. So long as you're eating below your TDEE, you will lose weight. The only thing about meal timing that matters is what suits you and how you feel through the day.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.