Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it possible to resit first year at a different university Watch

ReputationRep:
    i am in a dark situation atm. i got rejected by my firm and i have to go to a university in London, and im not allowed to move out. my parents dont let me go out they expect me to get home after my lectures are done. this means i cant go clubbing etc ( its not that bad as im 18 and i have never been allowed to go out with friends not even to go play football with them.) im always at home. i hate my life, i feel really depressed. i want to reject the uni and not go uni at all this year but they wont let me.

so this is what i want to do, i want to go queen mary this year and since i wont be partying or anything at all apart from studying i hope to achieve a first. so after getting a first, is it possible to apply for another uni(good uni, far away from parents as possible)and start my course from the start at the new university. i dont want to go straight into second year at the new uni because i want to experience clubbing and partying to the fullest and live in halls and experience uni life. my family are Muslims (parents little too religious) i hate being a Muslim, i don't believe in God and all the other stuff my family believes in. i have had arguments about the religion with them but they still think im religious and force me to believe what they believe. im 18, have no friends and im a virgin. i am so depressed, on certain occasions i have thought about suicide but i have managed to stay away from those thoughts.

so am i able to apply to a different uni next year and restart my course so i can experience everything i haven't been able to for almost 19 years. i can retake a few alevel modules whilst im at uni to get a*ab for my alevels. i dont want to be around my family everyday for 4/5 years.

so this is my life, please help me !!! (if you are a moderator reading this please move this post to somewhere where it will get a few replies)

ReputationRep:
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pleasehelpmee)
    i am in a dark situation atm. i got rejected by my firm and i have to go to a university in London, and im not allowed to move out. my parents dont let me go out they expect me to get home after my lectures are done. this means i cant go clubbing etc ( its not that bad as im 18 and i have never been allowed to go out with friends not even to go play football with them.) im always at home. i hate my life, i feel really depressed. i want to reject the uni and not go uni at all this year but they wont let me.

so this is what i want to do, i want to go queen mary this year and since i wont be partying or anything at all apart from studying i hope to achieve a first. so after getting a first, is it possible to apply for another uni(good uni, far away from parents as possible)and start my course from the start at the new university. i dont want to go straight into second year at the new uni because i want to experience clubbing and partying to the fullest and live in halls and experience uni life. my family are Muslims (parents little too religious) i hate being a Muslim, i don't believe in God and all the other stuff my family believes in. i have had arguments about the religion with them but they still think im religious and force me to believe what they believe. im 18, have no friends and im a virgin. i am so depressed, on certain occasions i have thought about suicide but i have managed to stay away from those thoughts.

so am i able to apply to a different uni next year and restart my course so i can experience everything i haven't been able to for almost 19 years. i can retake a few alevel modules whilst im at uni to get a*ab for my alevels. i dont want to be around my family everyday for 4/5 years.

so this is my life, please help me !!! (if you are a moderator reading this please move this post to somewhere where it will get a few replies)
    You are now 18 and entitled to make your own decisions. Are you getting the full loan/grant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimsycrafts)
    You are now 18 and entitled to make your own decisions. Are you getting the full loan/grant?
    I know, but my parents are deluded psychos. I'm not sure I'm going to another uni so I'm still waiting for student finance to review the changes and get back to me

ReputationRep:
    If they are that restrictive and making you miserable my suggestion is, go to Queen Mary, the day your student finance lands in your account go to the accommodation office ask what they have left, take it and pay. go home pack and move out.

They cant physically stop you doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimsycrafts)
    If they are that restrictive and making you miserable my suggestion is, go to Queen Mary, the day your student finance lands in your account go to the accommodation office ask what they have left, take it and pay. go home pack and move out.

They cant physically stop you doing that.
    Thanks for your reply. I was also thinking about doing this, but i will be in square 1 again if they say, "sorry..we don't have any rooms left."

ReputationRep:
    There will always be a room somewhere even if it's in a shared house

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.